Applications are invited for Research Executive at CDEP- IIM Calcutta for the year 2022. The last date of application is 2 May.
This role requires the person to provide research related support to the Centre for Development and Environment Policy (CDEP), IIM Calcutta, India. The person in this position is responsible for:
- Data Collection and Analysis — Conduct primary (field-based observation, interviews, surveys) and secondary research (literature review, data collection and analysis) on themes relevant for CDEP
- Documentation and Report Writing — Provide assistance in conceptualising and preparing project related reports or presentations
- Processing Information — Prepare and analyse the tables, fact-sheet, graphical representation of the research results
- Collaborating with Supervisors and Peers — Support the seniors and team-members in managing accounts, documentation and network building endeavours
- Administrative Support — Need based support to organise conference, workshops, training programme and network outreach initiatives of the centre
The candidate should have completed a four-year bachelor’s degree programme or possess at least a Master’s degree from a reputed institute with a minimum of aggregate 60% marks at both the graduation/ Master’s level. An interest in research related to carbon transition is desirable. While not mandatory, a prior exposure to conducting research and drafting of research reports is desirable.
- English Language — Excellent command over written English with an ability to generate high-quality scientific report or research articles
- Critical Thinking — Display an ability to analyse, comprehend and identify underlying principle or pattern
- Computer and Software Skills — Qualitative data analysis (Nvivo/Atlas-Ti), Quantitative data analysis (MS-Excel/IBM-SPSS/R/Python) is desirable.
Interested applicants can submit the following documents to cdepiimc[at]iimcal.ac.in before 2nd May 2022 with a subject line ‘Application for Research Executive – CDEP’.
- Detailed CV with name and contact details of three referees
- Cover letter expressing the interest and suitability
- Any writing sample (published/unpublished paper, reports) (if any)
- Proof of work-experience (if any)
Between 45,000 – 50,000 INR per month (consolidated).
You may also be interested in: