The Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur is looking for suitable Indian nationals including Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) for appointment on following positions on short-term R&D projects on contractual basis for a period of maximum five years.
- REO (Grade II):
- Number of Posts:1
- Pay Band: PB-3
- Grade Pay: Rs. 5,400
- Total Emoluments: Rs. 66,268 per month
- Maximum Age: 40 years i.e. born on or after 11.12.1977
- Minimum Qualification: Ph.D in Economics or allied areas.
- Desirable: 2-3 years work experience, demonstrated ability in applying for and getting external funds.
- Job Specification: The REO position holder can participate in various outreach activities to promote the visibility of the department. Examples could be holding short term workshops for training the different personnel involved in various projects in departments, workshops for training students about how to conduct surveys, various statistical softwares etc. and to hold seminars for research talks. The person involved could also be part of the research committee of the upcoming conferences thta the department wants to host.
2. REO (Grade I):
- Number of Posts:2
- Pay Band: PB-3
- Grade Pay: Rs. 6,600
- Total Emoluments: Rs. 78,430 per month
- Maximum Age: 45 years i.e. born on or after 11.12.1972
- Minimum Qualification: B.Tech with 5 year relevant experience/ M.Tech/M.Sc with 3 year relevant experience/ Ph.D.
- Desirable: Post Diploma/Advanced Diploma in Industrial Safety with 7 years of relevant experience in the field of safety in academic institute of higher education/construction company/industry.
- Job Specification: Organizing safety training programs in different areas such as electrical laboratory fire, electrical and construction safety, vetting modification and new facilities from safety point of views. Maintenance of records, suggesting remedial measures, to advise legal compliance, to issue advise in safety matters.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates can apply Online or offline through the website.
- Online application will be available on the website till December 4, 2017 upto 5 pm and offline application will be available till December 12, 2017 upto 5 pm.
- Candidates are required to arrange for a crossed Demand Draft of Rs. 500 drawn on any Nationalized Bank and valid for at least 3 months in favor of the Registrar, IIT Kanpur payable at Kanpur. The last date of submitting the online application and making of Demand Draft is upto December 4, 2017 and for offline application and making of Demand Draft is upto December 11, 2017.