The Centre for Stem Cell Research (CSCR), a unit of inStem, Bengaluru, has been established as a collaboration between inStem, the DBT, Government of India and the Christian Medical College, Vellore, invites application for the post of Research Development Officer.
The CSCR has a head appointed by the Director, Christian Medical College that is responsible for the overall management of the Centre. The Head, CSCR is advised by a Core Committee, which is appointed by the Principal, CMC, Vellore.
PhD / Post-graduate degree in Life sciences / Health sciences. Experience in grants management / Research administration is desirable.
- Funding source information dissemination.
- Assistance with proposal development and ensuring compliance with funding agency requirements.
- Grants pre-submission oversight and internal pre-screening of research proposals.
- Grant management, both pre and post-award, and grant reporting.
- Monitoring timely submission of scientific and financial reports.
- Coordinate obtaining statutory clearances for research projects.
- Liaise with the researchers and administration to ensure timely implementation of research activities.
- Provide executive and administrative support to all research and development activities of the Centre.
Scientific Assessments and Collaborations:
- Coordinate internal and external research assessment exercises, research capacity building programs as well as national/international research collaborations.
- Coordination with MoUs / agreements for collaborations.
Intellectual Property Management and Technology Transfer:
- Liaise with attorneys/patent agents and researchers for protection of intellectual property of the Centre.
- Coordinate technology transfer exercises and administration of suitable agreements and contracts for technology licensing.
- Monitor timely expenditure on grants.
- Conduct Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) meeting and preparation of SAC report of the Centre, and large / multi-institutional grants.
- Preparation of presentations for stakeholder/review meetings and coordination.
- Preparation and submission of ad-hoc reports to the funding agencies and collation of annual report of the Centre.
- Any other activity assigned.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can send us the duly filled application mentioning the job code either by soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or by hard copy to The Principal, Christian Medical College, Bagayam, Vellore-632002, Tamil Nadu on or before 11th January 2021.
Jan 11, 2021
For more details, click the link below.