DBT funded positions are available in the Microbial Engineering Group, ICGEB, New Delhi. The positions for three Research Associates are available for one year. These are temporary project positions whose durations are only up to the tenure of the DBT-funded project.
The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology was established as a project of the United Nations Industrial Development Organization in 1983.
1. RA-Computational Analyses
- No. of Posts: 01
- Job description: The selected candidate will be responsible for performing different kind of computational analysis related to biofuel work in the joint collaboration with Dr. Shams Yazdani and Dr. Shireesh Srivastava. The analysis will include:
- Analysis of NGS data of fungi and bacteria
- Analysis of genome, transcriptome and proteome data
- Development of fungal and bacterial genome scale metabolic model
- Performing Flux Balance Analysis of fungal and bacterial species
- Coordinate with team members to analyse the experimental data
- Qualifications: The applicant should have Ph.D. in bioinformatics/ biotechnology/ equivalent, or have 3 years of research experience after ME/ M.Tech./ M.Pharm. Prior experience with Linux, Matlab and R-language will be essential. Analysis of NGS data, and experience in FBA, MFA, GSMM will be desirable.
2. RA-Metabolic Engineering
- No. of Posts: 02
- Job description: The selected candidate will be responsible for performing metabolic engineering of bacteria (E. coli or Paenibacillus) to produce biofuel molecules, such as butanol, isobutanol, short chain alcohol, etc. The work will include:
- Analysis of Genome Scale Metabolic Models (GSMMs) of these organisms
- Metabolic engineering of the bacteria
- Analysis of internal/external metabolites using GC/MS/FID or LC/MS
- Qualifications: The incumbent should have Ph.D. in biotechnology/equivalent or having 3 years of research experience after ME/M. Tech/M.Pharm. Prior experience on molecular biology, metabolite analysis on GC-MS/LC-MS will be essential. Experience on GSMM and metabolic engineering will be desirable.
The salary for RA position will be as per DBT/DST norms.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should email their latest curriculum vitae and cover letter (Cover letter must mention pertinent skills) with detailed description of scientific experience to Dr. Syed Shams Yazdani at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject “Application for Research Associate Position”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
June 25, 2021
Click here to view the official notification for the post of Research Associates at ICGEB, New Delhi.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in:
- Young Professional-I (YP-I) at ICAR-National Rice Research Institute, Cuttack: Apply by June 22
- JOB POST: Research Assistant Under DRDO Sponsored Project at IIT Hyderabad [2 Vacancies]: Apply by June 27