Applications are invited for Research Associates (Statistics/ Mathematics) at ISI Kolkata for the year 2021. The last date of application is 18 July.
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals (bright candidates) for the recruitment of two (02) Rescarch Associates purely on temporary basis in the Statistical Quality Control & Operations Research Division of the Indian Statistical Institute.
- Ph.D. degree in Statistics/ Mathematies/ Reliability/ Operations Rescarch/ Operations Management/ Industrial Engineering/ Quality. Reliability & Operations Research.
- Age: Upper age limit shall be 35 years as on 01 June 2021 with usual relaxation for SC/ST/OBC differently abled candidates. Age relaxation may also be given to outstanding candidates or candidates with relevant experience
The tenure of appointment will be a maximum of eight months from the date of his/her joining in the institute but will not exceed 31 March 2022.
- Inference under stochastic ordering constraints based on censored data- There are many types of orders of varving degrees of strength for comparing lifetime distributions. These include stochastic ordering. likelihood ratio ordering- uniform stochastic ordering or hazard rate ordering etc. The plan is to consider inference for lifetime distributions under such ordering constraints based on different types of censored data.
- Development of new and innovative application of data science tools and techniques in quality and reliability engineering. exploring interface “ith machine learning and statistical tools like design of experiments. multi-response optimization. improving methodologies for supply chain- optimimtioncapacity utilization etc.
- Hybridization of supply chain. reverse logistics (green energy/waste management)- queuing models. closed-loop network and parametric optimization. The overall idea is to design appropriate queuing models (admission control. F-policy, N-policy, retrial, circular. restricted & fuzzy queues) based on the restrictions imposed in supply chain according to the various types of business environment (manufacturing- trading- service) and optimizing the system considering various parameters (crisp/ fuzzy) of the supply chain aiming towards reduction of energy consumption and waste management.
- Stochastic optimization models linked to a project on assessment of airspace utilization.
Eligible and interested candidates should apply for the position with a cover letter addressed to the Head, Statistical Quality Control and Operations ResearchDivision of the Indian Statistical Institute, which is required to include
- Name (In block Ietters).
- Permanent/ Present Address,
- E-mail Address.
- Telephone/Mobile No.
- Parent’s/Spouse’s Name.
- Date of birth.
- Academic Qualifications with percentage ofmarks obtained in each examination starting from 10 class).
- Experience (if any).
- AadharCard No.
- SCST/OBC/Differently abled status,
Self-attested soft copies of all documents/ testimonials latest by 18 July 2021 through e mail to:sacor[at]isical.ac.in and must contain a research statement, a teaching statement two recommendations, including one from the supervisor.
A consolidated honorarium range between 47000/- (Rupees forty-seven thousand only) to Rs. 54000/ (Rupees fifty four thousand only) per month depending upon post doctoral experience.
Click here to view the official notification of Research Associates (Statistics/ Mathematics) at ISI Kolkata.
You may also be interested in: