Applications are invited for Research Associates (Statistics) at ISI Kolkata for the year 2021. The last date of application is 19 July 2021.
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals (bright candidates) for the recruitment of four (04) Research Associates purely on a temporary basis in the Applied Statistics Division of the Indian Statistical Institute.
- Ph.D. with research work in Statistics/ Biostatistics/ Cryptology/ Econometrics and related areas. Preference will be given to candidates who have completed their Ph.D. from organisations other than ISI in the last two years.
- Age: Upper age limit shall be 35 years as on 01 July 2021 with usual relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/differently-abled candidates. Age relaxation may also be given to outstanding candidates or candidates with relevant experience.
The tenure of appointment will be initially up to 31 March 2022 from the date of his/her joining the Institute which may be extended later/ terminated earlier, depending on availability of funds and performance of the candidate. Based on performance of the candidate, the term of research associateship can be up to a maximum of two years.
Eligible and interested candidates should apply for the position with a cover letter addressed to the Professor-inCharge, Applied Statistics Division of the Institute, which is required to include
- Name (In block letters),
- Permanent/Present Address,
- E-mail Address,
- Telephone/Mobile No.,
- Parent’s/Spouse’s Name,
- Date of birth,
- Academic Qualifications (with percentage of marks obtained in each examination starting from 10th class),
- Experience (if any),
- Aadhar Card No.,
- SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled status,
self-attested soft copies of all documents/ testimonials latest by 19 July 2021 through e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and must contain a CV including a research statement and a teaching statement. Candidates should arrange for two reference letter(s) to be sent directly to email@example.com by 22nd July from persons who can comment on his/her doctoral and/or Post-Doc work(s) including one from his/her Ph.D. supervisor(s).
A consolidated honorarium range between Rs. 47000- 54000/- per month depending upon post-doctoral experience.
You may also be interested in: