Applications are invited for Research Associate- Urban Policy at IIM Bangalore for the year 2022. The last date of application is 20 June.
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore invites applications for the position of Research Associate Urban Policy at the Center for Public Policy (CPP). The Centre is an independent policy think tank engaged in pioneering research, teaching, training and capacity-building and is seeking to enhance its activities in research, training and advocacy.
Key Skills / Abilities/Knowledge required:
- Keen interest in urban issues and public policy
- Familiarity with open data and systems; understanding of data cleaning, data wrangling and visualisation will be useful
- Knowledge of coding/scripting will be an advantage
- Experience in project management
Education and Experience:
- A master’s degree in economics/public policy/sociology or related social sciences
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years in a relevant domain (tech, public policy, data management) The right candidate should be a problem solver, with an open and collaborative mindset and hands on approach. She/he must be effective in getting things done and possess excellent communication skills.
The “Research Associate, Urban Policy” will plan, execute and track the Open City 2.0 urban data platform programme.
Data and Platform Management
- Grow and maintain the repository, ensuring regular addition and maintenance of datasets as per annual plan.
- Organise and manage relevant datasets and dashboards
- Handle programme documentation and blog updates.
- Ensure the data platform and the CMS is functioning properly. Support and coordinate system maintenance, bug fixes and any required new feature development
Partnerships and Community Engagement
- Work with community groups to understand their data needs and help them utilise data in their activities.
- Organise data events, coordinating with partners, IIMB and Oorvani Foundation as required.
Sustainability of programme
Ideation and proposals for data projects utilising the platform. Any other assigned by the Open City Committee (constituted by IIMB and Oorvani Foundation).
Consolidated Salary could be up to INR 75,000, depending on qualification & experience.
Kindly send in your CV with a cover letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is June 20, 2022.
You may also be interested in: