Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, for promotion of high quality science education and research in the country.
Institute invites applications from Indian nationals having excellent academic record for the following position purely on temporary and contractual basis under the funded project:
- Name of the Project: “Engineering quantum matter and quantum states in dipolar systems towards quantum technological applications”.
- Funding agency: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
- Tenure of the appointment: Initially for a period of one year, extendable for further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and continuation of the project.
- Minimum Educational Qualification: Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics or relevant specialization Candidates who have submitted their thesis may also apply
- Preference: Candidates having working experience on Bose-Einstein condensates, atom-light interactions, quantum optics or open quantum systems having both numerical and theoretical skills will be preferred.
- Requirement: Incumbent is expected to involve in numerical & theoretical work in quantum many body systems.
- Age: RA – Not more than 35 years as on last date of application. SRF – Not more than 32 years as on last date of application.
Interested candidates should send the application by email in the prescribed format available below this advertisement by email (convert into PDF Format) addressed to rejish[at]iiserpune.ac.in on or before January 31, 2021. Please mention “Advt. No. 06/2021” and “Research Associate” in the subject line of the email.
- Rs. 47,000/- + 24% HRA to Rs. 54,000/- + 24% HRA per month based on experience
- Candidates who have submitted their thesis, but not completed defence (i.e. candidates without a provisional certificate of having qualified or the degree), will be designated as Senior Research Fellow (SRF) and paid Rs. 35,000/- + 24% HRA per month till the time of submission of Provisional Ph.D. certificate.