The Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad invites applications for the position of Research Associate.
The research associate will assist in a research project studying the use of technologies in Indian retail organizations. Responsibilities of the research associate include helping create the survey, analyzing the data, creating graphs and tables, conducting focus groups, doing a pilot test, testing research models, writing reports and manuscripts, and reviewing the literature.
Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad is a business school located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. It is consistently ranked among the top business schools in India. The school has been accorded the status of an Institute of National Importance by the Ministry of Human Resources, Government of India in 2017.
- Applicants with graduate (postgraduate)/ Ph.D. in management/ information systems/ engineering/ consumer behavior/ marketing or other related social science disciplines are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates with a graduate (postgraduate)/ Ph.D. will be preferred.
- The applicant should be proficient in survey-based research with proficiency in doing different analyses associated with survey data.
- The applicant should have the ability to do secondary analysis, collect data from different sources and combine these to present relevant insights.
- Proficiency with qualitative research is preferred.
- Applicants should be proficient in data analysis, creating tables and figures, and doing comparative assessments.
- Candidates should be comfortable in econometric modeling.
- Proficiency in python or other such programming languages will be an added advantage.
- Candidates should have some experience in conducting a literature review by reading and summarizing research papers as well as academic writing in the form of journal publications, case studies.
- The ability to review reports, search relevant literature, and combine the findings from across the different databases (text and non-text) is required.
- Applicants should have an in-depth understanding of the technology, regulatory and organizational domains and should be proficient in discussing contemporary topics in these domains.
The selected candidate will be offered a monthly stipend of approx. INR 35,000 or more based on prior qualifications and experience. Candidates with a Ph.D. may be paid even more.
The initial appointment is for eight (8) months and may be extended, based on performance.
How to Apply?
To apply, please send an email including CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the SUBJECT LINE “RA: Technologies in Retail” (Your application may not be considered if the subject line is missing). The last date to apply is July 10, 2021.
You might also be interested in: