IIM Ahmedabad is looking for Research Associate–Technologies in Retail starting from April 2021. The last date of application submission is 25 March 2021.
- Applicants with graduate (postgraduate)/Ph.D. in management/ information systems/ engineering/computer science/ mathematics or other related social science disciplines are encouraged to apply. Candidates with a graduate (postgraduate)/Ph.D. will be preferred.
- Applicant should be proficient in survey-based research with proficiency in doing different analyses associated with survey data.
- The applicant should have the ability to do secondary analysis, collect data from different sources and combine these to present relevant insights. Proficiency with qualitative research is preferred.
- Applicants should be proficient in data analysis, creating tables and figures, and doing comparative assessments. Candidates should be comfortable in econometric modeling. Proficiency in python or other such programming languages will be an added advantage.
- Candidates should have some experience in conducting a literature review by reading and summarizing research papers as well as academic writing in the form of journal publications, case studies. The ability to review reports, search relevant literature, and combine the findingsfrom across the different databases (text and non-text) is required.
- Applicants should have an in-depth understanding of the technology, regulatory and organizational domains and should be proficient in discussing contemporary topics in these domains.
- Applicant should have experience conducting survey research, with the ability to coordinate with various organizations involved in creating and conducting surveys.
- Candidates should have good oral and written communication skills in English.
The research associate will assist in a research project studying the use of technologies in Indian retail organizations. Responsibilities of the research associate include helping create the survey, analyzing the data, creating graphs and tables, conducting focus groups, doing pilot test, testing research models, writing reports and manuscripts, and reviewing the literature. The position may be best suited for a person looking for a research career, such as for someone interested in pursuing a Ph.D. or looking for a job after their Ph.D.
The initial appointment is for six 6 months and may be extended, based on performance.
- To apply, please send an email including CV and cover letter to researchstaff[at]iima.ac.in with the Subject line “RA: Technologies in Retail” (Your application may not be considered if the subject line is missing).
- Last date to apply: 25th March 2021
The selected candidate will be offered a monthly stipend of INR 30,000-INR 50,000 based on prior qualifications and experience.