Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the position of Research Associate (RA) OR Senior Research Fellow (SRF) in a CSIR sponsored research project entitled, “Identification of Xenoestrogen induced Spontaneous Mutations and changes in Promoter Methylation Status in the Cancer Causing Genes BRCA1, BRCA2 and p53 in Breast, Ovarian, Prostate and Pancreatic Cancers” in the laboratory of Dr. Priya Srinivas at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Research Associate: PhD (in any branch of life sciences) or MPharm/MVSc with three years R&D expertise according to the last date of application, evidenced from fellowship or associateship or by date of enrolment of PhD. Those who had submitted their PhD thesis are also qualified to apply for Research Associateship, though they will be eligible for salary at the SRF level till the award of their degree.
- Senior Research Fellow: MSc/B.Tech or equivalent degree in any branch of life sciences or biotechnology with 60% mark and at least two years of post-degree research experience according to the last date of application. Candidates should have qualified National Eligibility Test (CSIR-UGC NET including LS/ GATE/ DBT-JRF/ ICMR-JRF etc. Examination).
- Desirable: Experience in animal cell culture techniques, Proteomics and genomics will be desirable.
- Age: The Upper age limit for applying for the position of SRF shall be 32 years and for the position of RA shall be 35 years as on August 11, 2020. Age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
How to apply?
Suitably qualified candidates may send applications in the prescribed format with a photograph, a copy of full resume indicating the percentage of Marks obtained and attested photocopies of credentials and experience to reach the undersigned through Email on or before August 11, 2020.
Applications in PDF format should be submitted to email@example.com. The Advertisement number along with the position for which the candidate is applying should be mentioned in the ‘Subject’ part of the Email.
- Research Associate – Rs. 47,000/- per month.
- Senior Research Fellow – Rs. 35,000/- per month.
- House Rent Allowance @ 16% of the fellowship amount will be paid to those who do not avail RGCB hostel facilities.