Applications are invited for the following positions in a time-bound sponsored project titled “An Indian initiative on setting up a high fidelity structural data archival/retrieval system for Life Sciences – (PDBi)” under the National Supercomputing Mission Platform for Genomics and Drug Discovery”.
Project is jointly operated at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and National Inst of Immunology, New Delhi and candidates may have to work at either of these sites.
1. Research Associate/s
- Qualifications: PhD (Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Biotechnology or any other stream of biological/physical sciences) with a minimum of two publications in reputed peer-reviewed journals in the area of structural bioinformatics or biophysics or biomolecular modelling/simulation.
- Job description:
- Development of bioinformatics tools and algorithms/software for structure-based analysis of biomolecular systems.
- Programmatic access to major biomolecular databases using APIs
- Knowledge-based prediction and analysis of biomolecular structure, function and interactions.
- Docking/simulations for inhibitor design.
2. Project Scientist/s
- Qualifications: PhD with three (03) years of experience or M.Tech. (CS/IT/E&C/Bioinformatics/ Computational Biology/Data Science) with six (06) years of experience in academics/industry in design/implementation of modern database technologies, HPC and parallel computing, cloud computing etc OR Experience in structural bioinformatics/biophysics with a strong background in software development.
- Job description: Work in close coordination with domain experts for database design, application/portal development, and development of APIs etc. for various biological databases to be developed for PDB-India. Design metadata, database schema and portal for data submission.
As per DST, GOI norms and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply?
Applications with CV should be submitted by e-mail (email@example.com) before 30th June 2020.
June 30, 2020
For more details, click here.