The Brij Disa Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad seeks applications at the Research Associate level to enhance its strengths in research and education. The successful candidate will work on topics related to theoretical Data Science and AI. The position is initially for a 6-month period, followed by an annual renewal of contract based on performance and project requirement.
Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad is a business school located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. It is consistently ranked among the top business schools in India. The school has been accorded the status of an Institute of National Importance by the Ministry of Human Resources, Government of India in 2017.
Research Associate (Pre-Doctoral) (01)
The research associate is expected to support cutting-edge research on topics/themes that are aligned with the centre’s vision, for instance, operations research and optimization, statistics, machine learning, graph theory, and networks, with applications in the areas of finance, operations, marketing, economics, etc. Along with research support, the research associate is expected to help with certain administrative responsibilities at the centre.
- A first-class Masters’ degree in Statistics/ Operations Research/ Economics (with a specialization in Econometrics)/ Computer Science / Mathematics or a closely related subject preceded by a first-class.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject. The Master’s requirement can be waived off for exceptional candidates.
- Understanding of Business Analytics, Data Science, Visualization, Big Data etc.
- Basic knowledge of useful programming and spreadsheet tools such as R, Python, SPSS, etc.
- An analytical mind-set who enjoy helping participants solving problems and turning data into useful actionable information.
Around INR 30,000/- to 40,000/- per month. The compensation can be increased for exceptional candidates.
How to Apply?
Candidates meeting the above criteria may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the following materials: 1) a cover letter expressing interest in the position, 2) a detailed CV, 3) one reference. If required, the centre may reach out directly to your reference(s) requesting for reference letters.
The subject line of the application email should read “Application for the position of RA at CDSA”. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a telephone, or Zoom/ Skype, or in-person interview. The last date to apply is July 30, 2021.