Applications are invited for a Research Associate position in the areas of Operator algebras, Noncommutative geometry, and Quantum groups. The Research associate will be principally involved in a project titled “Equivariant spectral triple for quotient spaces of quantized Lie groups”.
The project is sponsored by Science and Engineering Board (SERB). The selected candidate will be carrying out research along with Prof. Bipul Saurabh in the above areas, and will be funded by the institute.
The candidate should possess:
- A Ph.D. degree in Mathematics
- A solid background in functional analysis, Operator algebra and Lie groups.
1 year (Possibility of extension on the basis of performance). Apart from research, the applicant will be expected to contribute to other academic activities of the Institute including teaching.
Applications may be sent through email to Prof. Bipul Saurabh at (bipul.saurabh[at]iitgn.ac.in). Each applicant should include a single PDF file containing
- A complete current CV with the details of all educational qualifications, research experience, publications, and names of 3 references (see below).
- Brief two-page summary of doctoral research (or most recent research work)
- Brief one-page summary of future research plans.
Rs. 47,000-50,000 per month plus HRA.
The position is available immediately and the applications will be accepted until filled.