IIM Ahmedabad is seeking application for a research associate position starting April 2021, in the Information Systems area. The last date of application submission is 22 March 2021.
- Candidates with postgraduate/PhD degree in management/ information systems/engineering/computer science/ mathematics or other related disciplines are encouraged to apply. Candidates with postgraduate/PhD degree will be preferred.
- Candidates should be proficient in Python and/or R and have some experience of using and developing cutting edge methodology for working with large panel data sets.
- Candidates able to write code/use automation tools such as selenium and import.io for data scraping will be preferred.
- Candidates should be able to run econometrics models. Prior experience of working with panel dataset is desirable.
- Candidates having some experience in natural language processing and text analytics will be given preference.
- Candidates should also be comfortable doing literature review by reading and summarizing research papers as well as academic writing in the form of journal publications, case studies.
- Candidates should have good oral and written communication skills in English.
The position involves working on a research project focused on leadership in social media. Responsibilities of the research associate include data scraping, coding, data analyses, writing, literature review amongst assistance in other research-related activities. Applicants with some understanding of social networks and social media platforms would be preferred. The position is best suited for a person looking for a research career, such as for pursuing a PhD in future.
The appointment is initially for 6 months with a potential for extension up to 12 months based on performance.
- To apply, please send an email including CV and cover letter to researchstaff[at]iima.ac.in.
- Last date to apply: 22nd March 2021
The selected candidate will be offered a monthly stipend of INR 22,000-INR 32,000 based on prior qualifications and experience.