Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad is a business school located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. The school has been accorded the status of an Institute of National Importance by Ministry of Human Resources, Government of India in 2017.
Applications are invited for a research associate position available from October 2020 in the Information Systems area at IIM Ahmedabad.
The position involves working on a research project revolving around open innovations and digital platforms. Responsibilities of the research associate include data scraping, coding, writing manuscripts, literature review amongst assistance in other research related activities. Applicants with some understanding of social networks and platforms would be preferred. The position is best suited for a person looking for a research career.
- Candidates with undergraduate/postgraduate/PhD degree in management/ information systems/ engineering/computer science/mathematics or other related disciplines are encouraged to apply. Candidates with postgraduate/PhD degree will be preferred.
- Candidates should be proficient in Python and have some experience of using and developing cutting edge methodology for working with large data sets.
- Candidates should be comfortable in one or more scripting/programming languages, such as R and STATA.
- Candidates should have some experience of conducting literature review by reading and summarizing research papers as well as academic writing in the form of journal publications, case studies.
- Candidates should have good oral and written communication skills in English.
The appointment is initially for 4 months with a potential for extension upto 12 months based on performance.
The selected candidate will be working from IIM Ahmedabad campus with an option to work remotely till COVID-19 related restrictions are lifted. IIMA provides access to library and computer center for all Research Assistants. If selected, the candidate is expected to manage their own accommodation, outside the IIMA campus which is centrally located within the city of Ahmedabad.
The selected candidate will be offered a monthly stipend of INR 22,000-INR 30,000 based on prior qualifications and experience.
How to Apply?
To apply, please send an email including CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Oct 10, 2020
For more details, click the link below.