Applications are invited for Research Associate (Education, Development Studies or Public Policy) at TISS Mumbai for the year 2021. The last date of application is 13 June 2021.
Applications are invited for one post of “Research Associate” to be filled on contract basis till 31st March 2022, which may be extended based on performance, review and need of the project.
The Centre of Excellence in Teacher Education (CETE) (formerly Centre of Education, Innovation and Action Research) is an Independent Centre at TISS Mumbai which was established in 2015 to engage with and promote innovation in school curriculum, teacher education and higher education curriculum and pedagogy.
The Centre incubates and promotes innovations that address the needs of India education to raise quality and standards and relevant to the developing world, and the innovative use of new technologies and media. The Centre is actively engaged in research, development, teaching, field action/action research and advocacy and offers opportunities for national and international collaboration, innovation and excellence in teaching and research.
The Centre offers MA Education, BEd MEd (Integrated, NCTE recognised) and MPhil and PhD in Education. It also offers short term, blended and online courses and programmes: The Reflective Teaching with ICT for inservice teachers and teacher educators and the Post Graduate Certificate in Education Perspectives and Research for Teacher Educators and Administrators.
CLIx involves large-scale field implementation where CETE works directly and in collaboration with implementation partners. Field Support Person will be working with the implementation team primarily on implementation of teacher professional development, student module implementation, and research & documentation.
Qualifications: Post-graduate (MA in Education, MA in Development Study and MA/MSc in Public Policy) or in equivalent field/ discipline
- Interest in ICT in Education, MOOCs
- Attention to details
- Willingness to work in uncertain/dynamic environments
- Knowledge of Statistics and Data Analysis
Experience (3 years +): Working with field teams involving coordination etc, preferably in school education and teacher training
Skills & Competencies:
- Knowledge of field issues in education and familiarity with technology use in education
- Project management and Ability to support field teams and partners
- Written and verbal skills in Hindi & English. Fluency in Hindi speaking is must
- Self-motivation and ability to multi-task and deal with stressful situations
- Ability to undertake extensive field travel and for extended periods of time
- Knowledge and familiarity with technology and education technology and large-scale
- Working knowledge of Word Processor, Spreadsheet, and Presentation
- Engage with Education Technology based initiative for government schools and teacher professional development
- Work closely with the Implementation leads and coordinate with other groups of the project to plan, manage, execute, monitor, report and document and support the process of field implementation in their districts
- Research and documentation on various themes of field intervention
- Liaise with government departments for implementation, expansion, collaborations
- Contribute and participate in orientation programmes that may be held in connection with the initiative and would help the on ground implementation.
- To be flexible and responsive to ongoing field implementation needs and issues, and resolve them in a timely manner, in collaboration with the state team.
- Coordinate/ organize orientations/programs, as necessary.
- Take up capacity building or teaching or other assignments as may be decided by the State lead.
Candidates are requested to apply online through the link (Apply now).
The application fee of Rs 1000/- to be paid online. The SC/ST/PWD candidates are required to pay fees of Rs. 250/- if they attach the required certificate to the online application form. The women candidates are waived from the payment of application fees.
- Short-listed candidates will be informed over e-mail to appear for the online interview to be held tentatively between the third week of June 2021.
- The last date for receipt of online application: 13th June 2021
- Selected Candidates are expected to join within 15 days of their selection.
Gross monthly remuneration for the position will be Rs 40,000 -45,000. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history of the selected candidate.
Click here to view the official notification for the post of Research Associate (Education, Development Studies or Public Policy) at TISS Mumbai.
You may also be interested in:
- Senior Project Staff (Education) at IIT Gandhinagar: Apply by June 7
- M.A. in Development Studies at NIT Rourkela: Apply by June 30
- JOB POST: Manager (Placements and Outreach) at Indian School of Public Policy (ISPP), New Delhi: Apply Now!