IISER Pune invites applications for the position of Research Associate under DBT funded project purely on temporary and contractual basis.
About the Institute:
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for the promotion of high-quality science education and research in the country.
Theoretical and empirical investigations on the interaction of predictability, periodicity of fluctuations and bottleneck size in affecting microbial evolution.
Initially for a period of one year which may be extended subject to continuation of the project and satisfactory performance of the incumbent.
- Ph.D. in any branch of Biological Sciences/Life Sciences or equivalent.
- The candidates must have done wet-lab work on evolutionary biology problems using bacteria as a system, must possess excellent knowledge of evolutionary theory and have extensive experience of statistics and data analysis.
- Candidates, who have submitted their thesis but have not yet received their degrees, may also apply.
- Preference: Candidates should be well-versed in at least one computer language and capable of writing code for conducting evolutionary simulations will be preferred.
- Age Limit: For research associate, not more than 35 years. For SRF, Not more than 32 years as on the closing date of Advertisement.
- Rs.36,000/- + 30% to Rs. 40,000/- + 30% HRA depending upon the experience.
- Candidates who have submitted their thesis but not completed defense, will be designated as SRF and paid Rs. 28,000 + 30% HRA till the time of submission of Provisional Ph.D. certificate.
Thursday, June 13, 2019, at 08.45 AM in Seminar Room No. 34, IInd floor, Main Building, IISER Pune, Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pune – 411008.
How to Apply?
- Click here to download the application form.
- At the time of the interview, applicants need to bring duly filled prescribed application form, self-attested photocopies of certificates in support of educational qualification, experience, date of birth and in support of information submitted in the application form and one recent passport size color photograph.
- The applicant must also bring all the original certificates at the time of interview for the purpose of verification.