Currently, we have a Research Associate position available for TILLING in Grain Amaranth awarded to Prof. R.P. Sharma funded by the Department of Biotechnology as a part of Network with IISER, Tirupati and ABAB, Bangalore.
At the Repository of Tomato Genomics Resources, we are working on Tomato Functional Genomics, using WGS, TILLING, Insertional Mutagenesis, NGS, genome editing, proteomics, and metabolomics approaches to study fruit ripening in tomato. At the Repository of Tomato Genomics Resources, we are working on Tomato Functional Genomics, using WGS, TILLING, Insertional Mutagenesis, NGS, genome editing, proteomics, and metabolomics approaches to study fruit ripening in tomato.
“Non-transgenic crop improvement of grain amaranth (A. hypochondriacs) for determinate growth, enhanced seed yield, and oil by the establishment of TILLING by sequencing platform.
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree in plant molecular biology.
- The candidate should also have research publications in molecular biology. We are looking for a candidate who can handle Next-Gen Sequencing and dsDNA analyzer for TILLING.
- The experience in mutagenesis, crossing/backcrossing and maintaining mutant lines is desirable.
- The applications for research associate without Ph.D. and publications in the above discipline will be rejected.
Rs. 47000/- pm + HRA
- Candidates interested in the above positions should send a one-page statement clearly explaining how their skills are relevant to the position.
- The candidates should also enclose a da detailed CV and the name/email id of three referees. The candidates can send their application by email at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 25th September 2019.
- The above position is purely temporary in nature. Shortlisted candidates would be called for an interview.
- No TA/DA would be provided for attending the interview.
- We also accept applications from the candidates who wish to pursue post-doctoral research with their own fellowships from DBT/DST/CSIR/UGC in the area of tomato functional genomics/metabolomics/proteomics.
- The candidates who wish to be considered for an independent fellowship can send CV with a research proposal at the above email id.
Email ID: email@example.com