Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Research Associate (RA-III) Under DBT Sponsored Project at NIPGR, New Delhi.
The National Institute of Plant Genome Research (formerly known as National Centre for Plant Genome Research) is an autonomous institution aided by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. The Institute’s establishment coincides with the 50th anniversary of India’s independence as well as birth anniversary of Prof. (Dr.) J. C. Bose.
DBT Flagship Project entitled “Imparting sheath blight disease tolerance in rice”, under the supervision of Dr. Gopaljee Jha, Scientist, NIPGR.
- Candidates having Ph.D. degree in Life Sciences/Biotechnology/Molecular Biology or related field are eligible to apply.
- Candidates having M.Tech in Biotechnology/Bioinformatics with three years post-M.Tech research experience and with at least two first author research publication can also apply as mentioned in DST office memorandum number SR/S9/Z-08/2018 dated January 30, 2019.
- Candidates having research experience in the area of plant microbe interactions, functional genomics, bioinformatics, genomics-assisted breeding duly supported with relevant publications (at least two first author papers with more than 3 impact factor) will be preferred.
Nature and Duration for the Post
- The above position is completely on temporary basis and co-terminus with the project. The fellowship/emolument amount for the above position is as sanctioned in the project and as per DBT/DST norms.
- The initial appointment will be for one year or till the tenability of the project whichever is earlier and the same can be curtailed/extended on the basis of assessment of the candidate’s performance and discretion of the Competent Authority.
How to Apply?
- Eligible candidates may apply by sending soft copy through e-mail in the given format with a cover letter showing interest along with self- attested soft copies of the mark-sheets, certificates, (from Class X onwards) and proof of research experience/publications.
- A single pdf file, consisting of application from cover letter, and all documents, must be sent to email@example.com within 15 days from the date of advertisement. In-complete application and lack of supporting educational/experience certificates will be rejected.
- A web-link with date and time of online interview will be e-mailed to the shortlisted candidates. The candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates will not be interviewed.
- ONLY soft copy of the application in the given format will be accepted. Interview link will only be sent to shortlisted candidates. For any clarification candidates may contact Scientist in charge through e-mail only.
July 1, 2021
Dr. Gopaljee Jha
National Institute of Plant Genome Research (NIPGR)
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, JNU Campus, New Delhi – 110067
Click here to view the official notification for the post of Research Associate (RA-III) at NIPGR, New Delhi.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in:
- Junior Research Fellow at IIT Goa: Apply by June 29
- Research Associate and Junior Research Fellowship at DRL (DRDO), Tezpur [7 Vacancies]: Apply by July 31