Applications are invited for Research Associate at IIM Ahmedabad for the year 2021. The last date of application is 31 October.
Description About the Project
In a recent survey, Josh Bersin, MIT Sloan Management Review and CultureX, explored the top concerns of employees’ and HR departments’ minds. The result of the survey indicated that the top concern for HR heads was health and wellbeing of the employees with 41% responses. The results of the survey included health and wellbeing as the top concern for 56% of the employee respondents.
A top priority of HR professionals is thus the health and wellbeing of employees, which directly or indirectly affects performance and achievement of employees’ contribution in organizational goals. Employees’ mental health could be affected for various reasons, including increased job insecurity, financial loss, unexpected and sudden changes in work characteristics, norms and practices, inclusion of technology, telecommuting, to name a few.
The present research project aims to identify issues related to mental health and wellbeing faced by the HR professionals and organizations.
- The applicants should have completed a Bachelor’s degree, preferred to be in Engineering, Management, Psychology, Econometrics, Mathematics or a comparable domain.
- A strong motivation to learn and conduct research in a competitive international environment.
- The candidate must be comfortable in programming and statistical modelling. Knowledge about statistical softwares such as Stata, SPSS, MPLUS is a plus. The candidate is expected to excel in these softwares during the job.
- The RA is expected to learn and excel in scientific research and writing.
- The RA is expected to work independently within the scope of their responsibilities.
- Good grasp of Sanskrit, Hindi, Marathi or any other Indian language (South/East) is a plus. Preference will be given to multi-lingual Indian candidate.
- English-proficiency is an add on but not required.
The RA will conduct high quality research including literature search, field data collection, visits to companies and sites to conduct research, data analysis, and scientific writing. Research responsibilities include programming using statistical tools.
The RA is expected to pursue scientific research in cooperation with companies, and publish research results in scientific journals. The position is based in Ahmedabad, India. The RA will participate in the education program and workshops, as and when needed.
Tenure of the appointment
The appointment is initially for 6 months with a potential for extension based on performance.
The selected candidate will be working from IIM Ahmedabad campus. IIMA provides access to the library and computer center for all Research Assistants. If selected, the candidate is expected to manage their own accommodation, outside the IIMA campus which is centrally located within the city of Ahmedabad.
Interested candidates can apply along with their detailed CV and research profile to Ms. Vaishali Joshi, email@example.com before October 31, 2021.
You may also be interested in: