Applications are invited for Research Assistant Under Partnership with Basic Health Services at IIM Udaipur for the year 2021. Online applications are open until the position is filled.
Indian Institute of Management Udaipur is a research-intensive institute. It provides a flourishing research ecosystem to its faculty and their research assistants. A research assistant plays a critical role in assisting the head of the research in various aspects of research and in turn, increases their productivity.
The RAs are also provided encouragement and hand-holding to initiate their own research and move on into a Master’s/Ph.D. program after the completion of their stint at the institute. IIMU’s RAs have received offers from world-class Ph.D. programs including Texas A&M University, University of Pittsburgh, the University of Texas at Austin, Western University (Canada), University of Maryland, London School of Economics, University of Houston, University of Memphis, Kansas State among others.
You should consider yourself a good fit for this position if you are seriously considering pursuing a Ph.D./ research/ policy advocacy career in the public health/ health policy/health management domain. You should be self-motivated to take ownership of and lead research projects.
Highly motivated candidates with a bachelor’s degree from any of the top-tier colleges in the country with an understanding of qualitative and quantitative research and interest in the public health domain (to pursue a Master’s/Ph.D. in public health or allied areas). Candidates with a master’s degree in Public Health/ Health Administration/Social work/ Sociology/ Anthropology with an interest in Ph.D. in public health or allied areas or wanting to do impactful work in the healthcare field can also apply.
- An open mind to learning new concepts, creativity, and hard work
- Good English writing skills
- Good knowledge of Hindi
- Good understanding of the healthcare space
- Good understanding of research processes
- Qualitative and Quantitative analysis skills. Exposure to working on NVivo, QDA Miner, SPSS, and R will be a plus.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Literature search, summary, presentation, and writing
- Review and synthesis of the literature on primary healthcare
- Coordinate with external experts for the drafting of briefs and case studies on primary healthcare
- Drafting, reviewing, and proofreading the case studies and policy briefs
- Coordination for field projects on primary healthcare
Interested candidates can apply via this page.
- Please upload the latest CV.
- Please also upload a statement of purpose not exceeding 1 page in length (single-spaced) on your motivation for taking up the RA position. Please cover the following points in your statement of purpose-
- Why are you motivated to take up the RA role?
- What are your career plans?
- How does the RA role fit into your career plans?
- Why do you think you will be a good RA?
The benefits of being an RA in IIMU are:
- A chance to attend regular workshops where research papers are presented and discussed.
- Attend Ph.D.-level coursework offered in the institute.
- Salaries are competitive with similar positions in India.
- Recommendation letters as well as guidance on the application process to top Ph.D. programs by the IIMU faculty you work with and from co-founders of BHS.
- Encouragement to initiate your own research.
The position is contractual for 11 months enabling the candidate to build up their profile for Ph.D. applications.
Click here to view the official notification of Research Assistant Under Partnership with Basic Health Services at IIM Udaipur.
You may also be interested in: