IIIT Naya Raipur invites applications for Research Assistant for the year 2020. Applications are invited from the interested candidates for the position of Research Assistant in the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) funded research project under CC&BT R&D Division.
- Project Title: TribeConnect: Integrated Smart Tribal Eco-Platform- a Proof of Concept in Chhattisgarh
- Name of the Position: Research Assistant
- Vacancies: 1 posts
- Duration of project: 3 Years
- Sponsoring Agency Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), CC&BT R&D Division
- Principal Investigator: Dr. Debanjan Das & Dr. Venkanna U.
About TribeConnect Project
The TribeConnect is a Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY), Govt of India sanctioned multi-institutional, multi-crore project with IIIT-NR, IIT-Kharagpur and IIT-Kanpur being the partnering institutes. Out of the three institutes, IIIT-NR will play the key role by being the nodal centre.
The project aims to provide a unified platform for monitoring and sensing, data gathering, inferring and decision-making for various application domains. The project uses advanced IoT & AI technologies to transform a tribal village in Chhattisgarh to a model smart village as a case study. The main focus is to transform the current tribal village toward a smart full-grown village.
- Essential Qualifications: B.E./B.Tech. with good CGPA or M.E /M. Tech in CSE/IT/ECE Instrumentation/ EE (completed or studying in last semester and ready to submit the thesis and join)
- Desired Experience: Preference will be given for those candidates having following: Good skills in programming such as python/ Android/ Matlab, etc. IoT, Sensor Integration, Machine Learning, App development, etc. Good English and report writing skills.
- Age Limit Maximum up to 26 years as on the closing date of the application (Age may be relaxed for exceptional candidates).
How to apply?
How to apply: Interested and eligible candidates must apply through online via this page on or before 30th September 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview and no TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Consolidated Compensation: Rs.16000/- month.
- Applicants are advised to ensure, before appearing for Selection Process, that they possess the minimum essential qualification and experience laid down for the post. Qualification obtained has to be from a recognized University/ Institute. Eligibility in terms of age, qualification and experience of a candidate shall be considered as on the last date for receipt of application.
- Selected candidates shall not have a claim on any regular position and shall not be bestowed any of the privileges like Housing, Medical Facility and Other benefits available to regular employees of the Institute.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the Interview.