BITS Pilani applications are invited from suitable candidates for the post of Research Assistant to work on the following project sponsored by MHRD and Indian Council of Social Science Research (IMPRESS Scheme), under the supervision of Thota Nagaraju, Department of Economics and Finance, BITS Pilani, Hyderabad Campus.
Title of the project
Impact of the ex-gratia for farmers’ suicide on the surviving family member of the deceased farmers in Telangana.
Name of the Post
Research Assistant (Full-time).
No. of Posts
4.5 Months (135 Days).
Rs. 20,000 per month (Consolidated).
- PhD/MPhil/MSc/MA in Economics/Development Studies/Public Policy with minimum 55% marks.
- Strong command over MS Word and Excel is required.
- The candidate has to have good command over English (spoken and written) and Telugu (spoken).
- Candidate must be willing to travel within Telangana.
- Candidates with prior experience in secondary research, primary research (field work including data collection), data cleaning and data analysis
- Good report writing skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates, with the above-mentioned qualifications, can send in a self-written application letter along with the detailed CV (compulsory information sought is provided below), to the Project Director’s email ID which is firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line for the email should be “Application for the position of RA”. The deadline for sending the application and biodata is 20th June 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will receive an email for the selection interview. Please note that only qualified and suitable candidates will be called for interview, to be held at BITS Pilani Hyderabad Campus.