The Operations Management Area at IIM Udaipur is hiring a full-time Research Assistant (RA) to work on various research projects under the supervision of Prof Govind Kumawat and Prof Avijit Raychaudhuri. The projects will extensively comprise designing and solving mathematical models (which may include Operations Research and Game Theory techniques).
Hence the candidate is expected to possess superior mathematical skills and should be able to complete significant portions of the projects with minimal handholding. The position is best suited for a person looking for a career in academic research, such as for pursuing a PhD in the future.
The Indian Institute of Management Udaipur, also known as IIM Udaipur, is a graduate business school in Udaipur, Rajasthan, India.
Research Assistant (01)
- Understanding the project scope and requirements through extensive discussions with the supervising professors.
- Using mathematical techniques to develop models which would help achieve the research objectives.
- Solving and analyzing the models using mathematical and computational techniques.
- Preparing written reports for the projects as may be required by the supervising professors.
- Performing any other tasks related to the research projects, including but not limited to data collection (and analysis, if necessary), literature review, research presentations etc.
- Undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s) in quantitative disciplines (Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or Engineering).
- Excellent proficiency in math until at least the undergraduate level.
- Familiarity with Optimization Theory and applications.
- Good programming skills in at least one of the following: R/ Python/ MATLAB/ Java.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Graduate degree (Master’s) in quantitative disciplines (Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or Engineering).
- Knowledge of Game Theory at an advanced undergraduate level (non-tabular techniques).
- Data analysis using R/ Python/ SAS.
- Familiarity with LaTeX.
How to Apply?
Please apply online with the following documents (documents exceeding page limit may not be reviewed, thereby cancelling the corresponding applications):
- Latest CV (at most 2 pages)
- Statement of purpose (at most 1 page) containing your personal answers to the following points:
- What are your long-term career plans?
- How would this RA position help you fulfill your long-term plans?
- Identify your skills that you think will help you succeed in this position and categorize them into: (a) highly proficient, and (b) have working knowledge.
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
Only the applicants who are shortlisted for interview will be informed within seven days after submitting their application. If you do not hear from us within seven days after submitting your application, then you have not been shortlisted for the interview.
You might also be interested in: