Madurai Kamaraj University (MKU) is a public university in Madurai city in southern Tamil Nadu, India. It was established in 1966 and has about 130,000 students in 18 schools comprising 72 departments and 109 affiliated colleges.
Applications are invited from interested candidates for the position of one Research Assistant on a purely temporary basis in a time-bound research project (10 Months) sponsored by Indian Council of Social Science Research, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, New Delhi.
Title of the Project
Disasters Risk Governance in India: A Longitudinal Study of Natural Disasters in Tamil Nadu, 2005- 2015
- Ph.D/ M. Phil/ Post-graduate in Social Science or Earth and Atmospheric Sciences (with at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA)
- Ph.D. or prior research experience is preferable.
- Knowledge or familiarity in political ecology / environmentalism & environmental justice/ ecogeography/ is desirable.
Rs. 20,000/- per month (consolidated)
How to Apply?
- Eligible candidates may apply for this fellowship by sending their curriculum vitae, a brief write-up of (not more than 500 words) their interest in disaster research along with attested copies of certificates to the address given below on or before 20 October, 2020.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
- No TA/DA will be provided for attending the interview.
Oct 20, 2020
Dr. R. Pavananthi Vembulu
Project Director, ICSSR-IMPRESS
Department of Political Science
Directorate of Distance Education
Madurai Kamaraj University
For more details, click the link below.