Applications are invited for Research Assistant (JSW-SPP) at IIM Ahmedabad for the year 2021. The last date of application is 26 December.
The JSW School of Public Policy (JSW-SPP) at the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA) is a centre of excellence in the making. Set up with support from the JSW Group, it seeks to make a distinctive contribution to knowledge about public policy through cutting-edge research on the emerging Indian experience of policy formulation and design, policy choice, and policy impact, and through its educational programs.
IIMA is seeking applications for Research Assistant positions at the JSW School of Public Policy at IIM Ahmedabad.
- Candidates with Bachelors or Masters in degree public policy, public administration, management, or other related disciplines such as economics, political science, and sociology from a reputed institution. Candidates with a Ph.D. may also be considered.
- Candidates should be proficient in statistical analysis software such as Stata or R. They should be able to create datasets and perform data analysis.
- Qualitative data analysis skills such as natural language processing and text analytics are desirable.
- Candidates should be able to conduct literature reviews on a wide range of policy topics by reading and summarizing research papers as well as contribute to academic writing such as journal papers, reports, policy briefs, and case studies.
- Candidates should possess excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
The position involves working on research projects focused on the key issues related to public policy. The position is best suited for a person looking for a research career such as pursuing a Ph.D. in the future.
Responsibilities of the research assistant may include one or more of the following:
- Data curation: data scraping, searching, and creating large datasets
- Data analysis: undertaking quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Writing: conducting literature reviews and contribute towards writing reports, policy briefs, and journal manuscripts.
Application package must include the following:
- Complete CV
- Cover letter clearly stating your interest and motivation in pursuing a research career
- One analytical writing sample such as single or co-authored research paper, oped, or policy brief
Applications must be sent to vp-jswspp[at]iima.ac.in with the subject: “RA: JSW School of Public Policy”. Applications without proper subject may not be considered.
Last date to apply: 26th December 2021
The appointment is initially for 6 months with a potential for extension up to 12 months based on performance.
Compensation will be commensurate with the qualification and experience.
You may also be interested in: