Applications are invited for Research Assistant in Marketing Department- Quantitative at IIM Udaipur for the year 2022.
IIMU is a research-intensive institution. You may attend regular workshops by both resident as well as visiting faculty members where research papers are presented and discussed. You can also attend PhD level coursework offered in the institute.
Salaries are competitive with similar positions in India. The faculty you work with will be willing to provide recommendation letters as well as provide you guidance on the application process to top PhD programs. They will also encourage you to initiate your own research.
Bachelor’s degree in quantitative disciplines (such as Engineering, Economics, Statistics, or Mathematics) from any of the top-tier colleges in the country is preferred. Highly motivated candidates with an undergrad from other disciplines can also apply if they have a quantitative aptitude.
- An open mind to learning new concepts, creativity and hard work.
- Good English writing skills.
- Good understanding of Economics/ Psychology/ Statistics is a plus.
- Statistical programming skills/ coding skills in Stata, R, SPSS, SAS, Python, MySQL, C++, Qualtrics (any/ many).
- MBA from a top institute is a plus.
- The candidate must have high standards in terms of quality of work, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and absolute commitment to task completion.
This is a research position in an academic setting. You will assist with:
- Data collection, data preparation, and data analysis – primarily working on secondary data but can extend to experiments as well. The faculty will help you train on methods necessary to do your job.
- Literature search, summary, presentation and writing
- Writing research proposal and conducting research
- Other research-related work
Location & Duration
The position is contractual for 12 months and will be renewed for a further period of 12 months, enabling the candidate to build up their profile for PhD applications. Candidates are expected to move on into a PhD at the end of two years.
Interested candidates can apply online. The position will remain open and will accept applications till a suitable candidate is found.
- Please upload latest CV.
- Please also upload a statement of purpose not exceeding 1 page in length on your motivation for taking up the RA position. Please cover the following points in your statement of purpose-
- Why you are motivated to take up the RA role
- What your career plans are
- How the RA role fit into your career plans
- Why you think you will be a good RA
Click here to view the official notification of Research Assistant in Marketing Department- Quantitative at IIM Udaipur.
You may also be interested in: