Applications are invited for Research Assistant (Communication) at IIM Ahmedabad for the year 2022. The last date of application is 30 April.
Political rhetoric, offense and ‘engineered hurt’ in digitally mediated public sphere.
Job / Role Description
We are inviting applications for one available post for a research associate on a project on offense-based political rhetoric, disinformation, and censorship in the media. The research associate should have an understanding of academic literature on digital spaces, nationalism and political culture in India.
The position involves working on literature review, data collection and organization as well as conducting in-depth interviews with relevant stakeholders. They will also be expected to assist in planning and writing academic papers and other briefs.
Qualifications: First-class postgraduate degree in Communication/ political science/ sociology/ journalism/ media studies/ anthropology or allied disciplines in humanities or social science is necessary.
- Candidates must be comfortable in conducting literature review and summarizing research papers.
- Candidates with experience in ethnographic or in-depth interviews will be given preference.
- Demonstrated interest in the study of disinformation, hate speech and censorship either through academic writing or work experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of quantitative research tools is desirable, but not required.
- Knowledge of English is required, and knowledge of any other Indian language would be preferred.
The appointment is initially for 8 to 10 months with a potential for extension based on performance.
Commensurate with the qualification and experience.
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
Last date to apply: April 30, 2022.
Click here to view the official notification of Research Assistant (Communication) at IIM Ahmedabad.
You may also be interested in: