Applications are invited for Research Assistant (Business Policy and Strategy) at IIM Udaipur for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
Bachelor’s degree in disciplines such as Engineering, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics, from any of the top-tier colleges in the country is preferred. Highly motivated candidates with an undergraduate degree from other disciplines, but with good analytical skills may also apply. Good command over MS office is mandatory. The following are desirable.
- Experience with analytical tools such as R /Stata/SPSS or any other analytical tool
- Exposure to qualitative research using tools such as Atlas.ti or NVivo
- Past research experience
You should consider yourself a good fit for this position if you are seriously considering pursuing a PhD, and want to get some experience to see if a research career is meant for you. You will assist two professors in the Business Policy and Strategy area. The skills you develop will help you in applying to top ranked doctoral programs in the area of Strategic Management.
This is a research position in an academic setting. You will assist with:
- Data collection, database creation and data analysis
- Primarily quantitative, but may extend to qualitative
- Faculty will help you train on necessary methods
- Literature search, summary, presentation and writing
- Writing computer programs, maintaining spreadsheets
Interested candidates can apply online. The position will remain open and will accept applications till a suitable candidate is found.
- Please upload latest CV.
- Please also upload a statement of purpose not exceeding 1 page in length on your motivation for taking up the RA position. Please cover the following points in your statement of purpose-
- Why you are motivated to take up the RA role
- What your career plans are
- How the RA role fit into your career plans
- Why you think you will be a good RA
IIMU is a research-intensive institution. You may attend regular workshops by both resident as well as visiting faculty members where research papers are presented and discussed. Salaries are competitive with similar positions in India.
The position is contractual for 11 months and will be renewed for a further period of 11 months, enabling the candidate to build up their profile for PhD applications. Candidates are expected to move on into a PhD at the end of two years.
Click here to view the official notification of Research Assistant (Business Policy and Strategy) at IIM Udaipur.
You may also be interested in: