Applications are invited for one post of Research Assistant on a temporary basis for Quantum Optical experiments in the Light and Matter Physics (LAMP) Group of the Institute for a period of one year/ extendable to second-year depending upon the candidate’s performance.
The candidate will be associated with the Quantum Optics Lab of the Institute. They seek motivated individuals with an excellent academic background with an aptitude to master the functioning and use of scientific equipment and an eagerness to learn new experimental techniques.
Raman Research Institute is an institute of scientific research located in Bangalore, India. It was founded by Nobel laureate C. V. Raman. Although it began as an institute privately owned by Sir C. V. Raman, it is now funded by the government of India.
Research Assistant (01)
The interaction between coherent optical and microwave fields in linear as well as nonlinear light and matter interacting mediums such as atomic vapor, optical fiber, and circuit QED is a strong emerging field of research. These studies explore phenomena like Electromagnetically Induced Transparency (EIT), superluminal and subluminal light, nonlinear wave mixing, pulse on-demand, coherent classical, and quantum signal communication.
The specific goal of this project is to study some of the above phenomena in room temperature Rubidium atoms placed inside a microwave cavity and interacting with microwave and optical fields.
- They are looking for a student who has completed a post-graduate degree in physics or a B.Tech degree in Engineering Physics.
- She/ He should have scored above 75% or a CGPA of 7.5 and above in his qualifying degree.
- They should have at least 6-month experience in doing experimental projects in an atomic molecular and optical physics laboratory.
- It will be very useful if the candidate is already familiar with experiments involving coherent interaction of electromagnetic waves with Rubidium atoms.
- They should have good computing and programming skills and should be adept at numerical techniques with proven implementation using Mathematica, Matlab, or any other high-level computing language.
Consolidated remuneration of Rs. 23,500/- per month at commencement + HRA (24% of consolidated remuneration) will be paid to the selected candidates. An increment of Rs. 1000/- will be provided in the second year.
How to Apply?
Applications are to be sent in a sealed cover super-scribing the post on the envelope to the Co-Ordinator, Light And Matter Physics Group, Raman Research Institute, C.V Raman Avenue, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore – 560080 OR by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Advertisement No. in the subject line.
For full notification, click the link below.