Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Research and Documentation Internship at UNDP, New Delhi.
The United Nations Development Programme is a United Nations organization tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development.
About the Internship
UNDP is looking for an Intern who will work under the overall direction of the UNDP Chief, Advisor and in close supervision and collaboration with the UNDP National Project Manager- FRA to support the ongoing FRA related work through Documentation, data collection and provide administrative support to conduct workshops and webinars for a period of 6 months.
Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities of the intern include:
- Desk review of the related literature/report identified to capture the ongoing UNDP’s work on FRA and document the successful strategies and framework
- Assist in generating data and evidence to map how recognition of rights under FRA will contribute to achieving SDG indicators and Climate mitigation measures
- Support the UNDP team in hosting, conducting and documenting Workshops related to FRA and other Tribal related issues
- Assist in drafting final reports based on the feedback and inputs received, and submit for finalization including any further feedback and inputs
- Any other related task assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- Understanding of and/ or have experience of previous research on issues related to, Tribal issues in India, international development such as the SDGs and with knowledge of the UN system is an asset.
- Good analytical and Research skills
- Excellent drafting and editing skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working collaboratively in small and large teams.
- Good Communications skills Competencies (please revise as per requirement)
- Strong sense of collaborative work, excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Excellent analytical and research skills;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise;
- Willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda;
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
- Fluency in English
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher) in Statistics/ Social Sciences/ Public Policy/ Development Studies/ Economics/ Data Sciences or any relevant degree
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent)in the above mentioned areas
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the internship through this link.
May 30, 2022