Applications are now open for the Reportage Grants for COVID 19 Impact by Getty Images. For over 15 years, the Getty Images editorial grants program has supported independent photographers in telling in-depth stories of personal and journalistic importance.
This year, the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent travel restrictions have presented many such photographers with immense obstacles to where and how they work. But, as disruptive as it has been, it also presents the opportunity for photojournalists to show the wide-ranging impact of the pandemic on their own communities.
- Eight grants of $5000 each
- Option to have Getty Images’ editorial guidance throughout your project
- Assurance that you retain copyrights to the images you submit for judges’ review
- Grant winner announcement is widely publicized by Getty Images and media partners
Grants will be awarded by independent judges selected by Getty Images for their expertise and experience. Selection will be based on the judges’ determination of the applicant’s ability to execute the submitted project with compelling a visual narrative in a documentary feature format, taking into account the caliber of the portfolio, the project’s merit, and professional ability.
How to Apply?
Candidates applying for the reportage grants must meet the following requirements:
- Summary of the project proposal (Min 300 words, Max 500)
- A short biography detailing who you are and what you’ve done
- 20-25 original images either related to the proposal or unrelated portfolio images
- The proposals must be in English and be submitted electronically
Smart photojournalism is also carried out safely, and Getty Images asks applicants to consider their health and that of their communities when conducting their work. Please also abide by local and national laws governing how journalists work and travel amid quarantine restrictions.
To apply online, click here.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Yves Rocher Foundation Photography Award 2020 [Awards Upto Rs 6L]: Apply by May 28.