The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is inviting applications for its remote internship, to assist the Resource Mobilization and Partnerships team of UNFCCC.
The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is the focus of the political process to address Climate Change. The Convention secretariat supports the Convention, the Kyoto Protocol, and the Paris Agreement through a range of activities, including substantive and organizational support to meetings of the Parties.
The secretariat of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, the Kyoto Protocol, and the Paris Agreement seeks to engage in mutually beneficial collaborative partnerships with non-Party stakeholders, including the private sector, that share the values and principles enshrined in the United Nations Charter, the Convention, the Kyoto Protocol, and the Paris Agreement, as well as internationally recognized principles concerning human rights, labor, the environment, and anti-corruption, as reflected in the United Nations Global Compact, and whose behavior demonstrates a willingness to exercise social and environmental responsibility towards global peaking of emissions and enhanced resilience.
About the RMP Sub-Division
Resource Mobilization and Partnerships (RMP) sub-division lead the strategic coordination of resource mobilization and partnership activities for the secretariat. RMP engages both Parties and non-Party stakeholders in developing mutually beneficial, innovative, and impactful relationships to mobilize resources and to support the achievement of the secretariat’s mandates and priorities.
RMP also works towards enhancing communication of the secretariat’s brand, products, and services and promoting wide awareness of the secretariat’s priority areas of work and resource requirements in coordination with the Communications and Engagement division.
Objective and Responsibilities
Assist the Resource Mobilization and Partnerships team in communication with the stakeholders seeking to engage in partnerships in support of the UNFCCC secretariat.
- Candidates must have completed an undergraduate degree and be enrolled in a master’s program at a recognized university at the time of application and for the duration of the internship.
- The applicants must be fluent in English (both oral and written), have strong writing skills, and preferably know French or Spanish.
- Studies in the field of public policy, public relations, environment, engineering, economics, international affairs, or law are preferred.
- Assist with background checks on potential partners
- Assist with the creation of partnership concepts
- Assist with the review of partnership proposals
- Respond to the partners’ requests
- Draft MOUs and partnership agreements under the guidance of the Head of Resource Mobilization and Partnerships and the Legal Affairs Unit
- Assist in coordination and logistics preparations for resource mobilization and partnership activities and events
- Assist in managing the Resource Mobilization and Partnerships email accounts
- Draft and send fundraising letters and conducting follow-ups under the direction of the Resource Mobilization and Partnerships team.
A minimum period of three and a maximum of six months. The exact period will be determined based on the availability of the intern and the needs of the program.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the internship through this link.
March 23, 2021
For more details, click the link below.