Applications are now invited for the Reliance Foundation Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence and Computer Sciences.
The Reliance Foundation Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence and Computer Sciences aims to enable and propel India’s brightest youth, who are uniquely positioned to sit at the forefront of India’s technologically driven growth, to become the future leaders of tomorrow.
The Reliance Foundation is committed to investing in building the next generation of leaders who will be uniquely positioned to sit at the forefront of India’s technology-driven growth. The Reliance Foundation Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence and Computer Sciences will nurture and empower India’s brightest youth with the potential to build next-generation technology solutions that, once perfected in India, and proved at India-scale, will be well-positioned to address similar needs in other parts of the world. Because in the words of our Chairman Sh. Mukesh Ambani, “for those who dare to dream, there is a whole new world to win.”
The Reliance Foundation Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence and Computer Sciences aims to support the most exceptional undergraduate and postgraduate scholars studying an eligible course in artificial intelligence or computer sciences at an eligible institution through their studies and will build a community of new scholars who will become India’s global leaders of tomorrow.
- Nurturing India’s talented youth who have the potential to become India’s global leaders of tomorrow.
- The scholarships will be granted on the basis of merit, seeking to select the best and brightest students through a rigorous and competitive selection process.
- Up to 40 undergraduates and 40 postgraduate scholars will be selected.
- At the undergraduate level, the total amount of scholarship available over the duration of the degree program will be up to Rs/INR 4 Lakhs.
- At the postgraduate level, the total amount of scholarship available over the duration of the degree program will be up to Rs/INR 6 Lakhs.
- 80% of the funds will be granted in advance at the start of each academic year, to use for tuition and direct academic expenses.
- The remaining 20% of the funds will be granted upon request to support professional development including indirect academic and personal development expenses, including conference-related expenses.
- Extra benefits to be offered to scholars include engagement and development opportunities, and being part of a strong alumni network.
- They welcome applicants from all socio-economic backgrounds and encourage applications from specially-abled candidates.
- At the undergraduate level, additional consideration may be given to applicants on a merit-cum-means basis for those with an annual household income of 10 Lakhs or less.
- Reliance Foundation invites first-year undergraduate and first-year postgraduate students who are enrolled in a full-time program in selected eligible institutes and eligible courses to apply.
- Be a resident.
- Be an Indian citizen.
- Students who are selected for the Undergraduate Scholarship can avail of other partial scholarships.
- At the Postgraduate level, scholars will be required to provide details of any financial benefits from other sources. The Scholarship program policy will permit stipends from other sources of up to a maximum of Rs 15,000 per month during the scholarship period.
- To view the list of eligible institutes and courses, click here.
How to Apply?
Candidates need to submit the following documents while applying:
- Personal, Academic and Extra-curricular details
- Two Letters of Reference: One that attests to your academic capabilities and one that attests to your character and leadership traits
- Two Essays: Personal Statement and Statement of Purpose.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a virtual interview. Applications will close at 11.59 pm IST on Sunday the 7th March 2021. To apply online, click here.
Email ID: RF.Scholarships@reliancefoundation.org
For full notification, click the link below.