The Reach Cambridge scholarship essay competition is designed for academically excellent high school students aged between 15 and 17 who would otherwise not be able to attend their summer programs. This scholarship is not for applying to the University of Cambridge.
- Age should be between 15 and 17 on 1st July 2018, and currently studying at high school.
- The essays must be original non-plagiarised work.
- The closing date for scholarship applications is 1st of December 2017 at 23:00 GMT.
- Applicants from fee-paying schools will only be considered if their letter of recommendation confirms that they attend the school on a scholarship.
3 week scholarship prize (awarded to a maximum of 2 students): 100% of the program fee for their 3 week Program 1 in 2018.
2 week scholarship prize (awarded to a maximum of 3 students): 100% of the program fee for either their two week Program 2 or their two week Program 3 in 2018.
Not inclusive of flight charges or any other items not ordinarily covered by program fee. A prize for their spring program may be awarded at their discretion.
The prizes provide for all those items ordinarily covered by the program fee and not for any un-program related costs.
“In an age of quick and easy global communication, what is the value of face-to-face interaction and learning with students from around the world?”
It is advised to use careful argumentation, clear structure and personality. Letter of recommendation by your school is also considered.
- Last date to apply: December 1, 2017
- Shortlisted Candidates will be notified before: December 31, 2017
- Interview dates: 1st week of January 2018
- Interview Result: Last week of January 2018
How to Enter:
- Apply online by clicking here.
- From your main account page, select the “Scholarship” tab on the left
- Copy your essay into the box provided (it should be no longer than 1000 words). Answer all other questions on the page.
- A letter of recommendation from a member of staff at your school must be uploaded using the form in the Scholarship Tab of your account page. This should be written on an official headed school paper, and should outline why you are a good candidate for the scholarship
- It must include contact details for the member of staff so that they can contact them for further information if necessary.
- The School Transcript, Declaration Form, Parent Info, and School Info sections of your account must be completed. They should all be “ticked” on your account page before the deadline.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified by 31st December 2017, and will be invited for an online interview.
23 King Street, Cambridge
CB1 1AH, United Kingdom
International: +44 8708 031 732
Fax: +44 8707 625 542
For further information, click here.