The Reserve Bank of India invites applications as per prescribed format from full-time faculty members, teaching economics or finance in any University Grants Commission (UGC) or All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) recognised Universities/Colleges in India to undertake short term research in the areas of monetary and financial economics, banking, real sector issues and other areas of interest to the Reserve Bank.
- To increase awareness about the activities of the Reserve Bank among faculty members and student community; and
- To provide exposure to faculty members teaching economics and/or finance in different areas/activities of operations in the Reserve Bank.
Number of scholarships
A maximum of five.
The eligibility criteria for the scheme are as follows:
- Full-time faculty teaching economics and/or finance in any UGC-recognised Universities/Colleges in India.
- Indian nationals.
- Age below 55 years
The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the
- research proposal of not more than 1000 words
- curriculum vitae and
- interview by a selection panel.
Duration of Project
Three months, commencing August 1, 2019.
Last date for application
May 31, 2019
The exact theme of the research for the scholars will be decided by RBI based on the research proposals submitted by the respective candidates.
Submission of Application
The application in hard copy may be forwarded to ‘The Director, Development Research Group, Department of Economic and Policy Research, 7th Floor, Central Office Building, Reserve Bank of India, Fort, Mumbai – 400 001’.
The application should be sent along with detailed curriculum vitae and the research proposal.
The soft version of the application (in addition to hard copy) and/or any queries related to the scheme may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The major facilities that will be made available to the selected scholar would include:
- Restricted economy class domestic airfare ticket for one visit (for presentation of the study) to the RBI Central Office, Mumbai from place of residence/work in India.
- Monthly allowance of ₹ 25,000/- (Rupees twenty five thousand only) to be paid for the duration of the project (not more than three months).
- In addition to the monthly remuneration, on completion of the Project/ Research paper and on acceptance of the same by the RBI, payment of ₹1 lakh as honorarium would be made.
Note: No accommodation or allowance for accommodation will be provided during the period of scholarship.
The selected scholar will have the following responsibilities:
- The scholar would be required to submit a research paper/project report that contributes to RBI research activities.
- The scholar should make a presentation of his/her work in a Seminar at Reserve Bank, Mumbai.
- The scholar, if he/she desires to publish his/her research work elsewhere, may do so with prior permission of the Reserve Bank.