The Raman Research Institute (RRI), Bangalore invites applications for the PhD. program at the institute.
The Ph.D. programme conducted by RRI aims to empower its students with advanced technical abilities in basic science and in a specialization, so as to prepare them for a career in research. The programme commences with formal credited coursework in advanced topics during the first year.
RRI offers select Ph.D. students, who qualify in the course work and a subsequent comprehensive examination, opportunities for supervised research within the four broad areas of research conducted at the institute – Astronomy and Astrophysics, Light and Matter Physics, Soft Condensed Matter Physics and Theoretical Physics. The research also includes Chemistry, Liquid Crystals, Physics in Biology, quantum atom optics, and quantum information.
- Candidates seeking admission in the Ph.D. program must have a regular MSc degree in Physics/ Mathematics or M.E./ M.Tech degree in Engineering.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates) in aggregate or
the equivalent for the qualifying degree.
- Students who expect to complete their final degree in the academic year 2020-2021 may also apply, provided they can produce their final scorecard at the time of admission.
- Reservations for SC/ST/OBC candidates will be as per norms.
The final selection of all the candidates is based on performance in written tests and/ or interviews to be held at RRI tentatively during July 2021. Call letters for interviews will be sent around the second or third week of June 2021.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is June 14, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.
For more such opportunities, check below:
- Integrated Ph.D. Admissions 2021 at IISER Berhampur [Monthly Fellowship Rs. 12k]: Apply by June 21.