The Raman–Charpak Fellowship program is in honour of two Nobel Laureates in Physics, Prof C.V. Raman, Indian Nobel Laureate (1930) and Prof Georges Charpak, French Nobel Laureate (1992).
The aim is to facilitate the exchange of doctoral students between the two countries, in order to broaden the scope and depth of future engagements in Science, Technology and Innovation.
The Raman-Charpak Fellowship is the only Indo-French bilateral Fellowship programme jointly funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India and the French Institute in India (IFI), French Embassy in India, Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, Government of France.
The scheme also provides an exposure and experience about the current research methods and trends in France/India, while discovering each other’s cultural context.
Applicants from India must be Indian citizens residing in India and have registered for a PhD in a recognized university or research institution in India
Applicants from France must be residing in France and have registered for a PhD in a recognized university or research institution in France
Age: Maximum 30 years as on 1st April, 2018
Students once supported by CEFIPRA, also in the framework of CEFIPRA projects, and students who have a permanent position in institutions/universities are not eligible
Pre-authorization or prior consent from his/her Institute / University to apply for a foreign fellowship program
No objection certificate from Head of the Institution (Only for Indian Applicants)
Fields of Research
- Atmospheric Sciences, Earth Sciences and Environmental Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Biological Sciences, Life and Medical Sciences
- Materials Science
- Mathematical and Computational Sciences
- Physical Sciences
Students can avail the fellowship for minimum of 2 months to maximum of 6 months
For Indian Fellow: Fellowship Support of 1500 Euros per month for daily expenses, local travel, accommodation charges plus Social Security charges
For French Fellow: Fellowship support Rs. 40,000 per month for daily expenses, local travel etc. plus accommodation charges not exceeding Rs. 45,000 per month
- To and fro air ticket in economy class between India and France
- Insurance coverage (travel & health) wherever is required
- Any administrative costs for Visa and Registration (if any)
- Carte de Sejour (if any)
- A Fellow may be provided with an additional support (up to Euro 500 for Indian Fellows and equivalent support in Indian Rupees for French Fellows) for participating in a Seminar/Workshop during their term of the fellowship and stay in their host countries. The same will be limited to a) registration fees (if any) b) Air/Train tickets for travel including TA/DA claim (if any) c) accommodation charges (if any)
Please note that no support will be provided for the family members during the fellowship period.
How to apply
Only online submission will be considered. Candidates have to register and apply at this link.
To download the format for Research Proposal, click here.
To download the format for CV, click here.
Please note that it is absolutely compulsory for candidates to submit their Research Proposal and CV in the prescribed formats.
- Launching: 12th April, 2018
- End of Deadline: 31st May, 2018
- Result: End of August, 2018 (Tentative)
- Starting date of fellowship: October, 2018 onwards
Office Tel. No.+91 11 24682251, +91 11 2468225