Applications are invited for Raman–Charpak Fellowship 2022 for PhD Students. The last date of application is 31 March.
The Raman–Charpak Fellowship program is in honour of two Nobel Laureates in Physics, Prof C.V. Raman, Indian Nobel Laureate (1930) and Prof Georges Charpak, French Nobel Laureate (1992). The Fellowship was launched during the State visit of the President of France to India during in February, 2013.
The aim is to facilitate the exchange of doctoral students between the two countries, in order to broaden the scope and depth of future engagements in Science, Technology and Innovation. The Raman-Charpak Fellowship is the only Indo-French bilateral Fellowship programme jointly funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India and the French Institute in India (IFI), French Embassy in India, Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, Government of France.
This programme is now also open to French Master Students, who wish to spend some time in India in accordance to their curriculum. It aims at improving the Masters skills of French students by providing them an opportunity to carry out internship work in a University / Research Institute based in India.
This fellowship programme is dedicated to highly qualified PhD students registered in an Indian or French Research Institute / University and Master Students from France. The programme offers them an excellent opportunity to carry out a part of their respective PhD/ Masters’ research project in each other countries and to further establish professional relationships, promote new S&T cooperation, and experience another cultural context.
- Applicants from India must be Indian citizens residing in India and have registered for a PhD in a recognized university or research institution in India
- Applicants from France must be residing in France and have registered for a PhD/ Master’s degree in a recognized university or research institution in France
- Age: Maximum 30 years as on 1st April, 2022
- Students once supported by CEFIPRA, also in the framework of CEFIPRA projects, and students who have a permanent position in institutions/universities are not eligible
- Pre-authorization or prior consent from his/her Institute / University to apply for a foreign fellowship programme. Eligibility to the fellowship required total engagement of candidates to respect the travelling and local sanitary regulation as well as the university or institute sanitary rules. Candidates should consider regular changes in regulation. Depending on the situation, information on the candidate Covid-19 status (vaccination etc.) may be asked as by Cefipra before traveling.
Students can avail the fellowship for minimum of 2 months to maximum of 6 months.
Fields of Research
- Atmospheric Sciences, Earth Sciences and Environmental Sciences
- Materials Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Biological Sciences, Life and Medical Sciences
- Mathematical and Computational Sciences.
- Launching: February, 2022
- End of Deadline: 31 March, 2022
- Evaluations: April / May 2022
- Declaration of Result: June, 2022
- Starting date of fellowship: After September, 2022
Interested candidates can login via this page.
- For Indian Fellow: Fellowship Support of 1500 Euros per month for daily expenses, local travel, accommodation charges plus Social Security charges
- For French Fellow: Fellowship support Rs. 40,000 per month for daily expenses, local travel etc. plus accommodation charges not exceeding Rs. 45,000 per month
- To and fro air ticket in economy class between India and France
- Insurance coverage (travel & health) wherever is required
- Any administrative costs for Visa and Registration (if any)
- Carte de Sejour (if any)
- A Fellow may be provided with an additional support (up to Euro 500 for Indian Fellows and equivalent support in Indian Rupees for French Fellows) for participating in a Seminar/Workshop during their term of the fellowship and stay in their host countries. The same will be limited to registration fees (if any) b) Bus/Train tickets for travel including (if any) c) accommodation charges (if any). Such claim will be provided on actual receipts, proof of participation/acceptance of paper and after the completion of fellowship duration by awarded student (at the time of TA/DA settlement)
You may also be interested in:
- Einstein Fellowship 2023 by The Einstein Forum, Germany [Stipend Worth Rs. 8.38 L + Travel Expenses]: Apply by May 15