Applications are now open for the Raman-Charpak Fellowship 2020 for Ph.D. Students.
The Raman–Charpak Fellowship program is in honor of two Nobel Laureates in Physics, Prof C.V. Raman, Indian Nobel Laureate (1930) and Prof Georges Charpak, French Nobel Laureate (1992). The Fellowship was launched during the State visit of the President of France to India during February 2013.
The aim is to facilitate the exchange of doctoral students between the two countries, in order to broaden the scope and depth of future engagements in Science, Technology, and Innovation.
This program implemented by the Indo French Centre for Promotion of Advanced Research (IFCPAR/ CEFIPRA) aims at improving the doctoral skills of Indian and French students by providing them an opportunity to carry out part of their research work in a University / Research & Development Institute based in France or India respectively.
Indian & French Ph.D. research scholars and Maters Students [only from France (included from the year 2016)].
2 to 6 months
Atmospheric Sciences, Earth Sciences and Environmental Sciences, Materials Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Biological Sciences, Life and Medical Sciences, Mathematical and Computational Sciences.
- Applicants from India must be Indian citizens residing in India and have registered for a Ph.D. in a recognized university or research institution in India.
- Applicants from France must be residing in France and have registered for a Ph.D./ Master’s degree in a recognized university or research institution in France.
- Maximum age 30 years as on 1st April of the call year.
- Students once supported by CEFIPRA and students who have a permanent position in institutions/universities are not eligible.
- Pre-authorization or prior consent from his/ her institute/ University to apply for a foreign fellowship program.
- For Indian Fellow: Fellowship Support of 1500 Euros per month for daily expenses, local travel, accommodation charges plus Social Security charges.
- For French Fellow: Fellowship support Rs. 40,000 per month for daily expenses, local travel, etc. plus accommodation charges not exceeding Rs. 45,000 per month.
- One return airfare ticket in economy class.
- Insurance coverage (travel & health) wherever is required & Carte de Sejour (if any).
- Support for attending conferences/seminars/workshops during the stay.
How to Apply?
To apply online for the fellowship, click here.
- End of Deadline: June/ July
- Declaration of Result: End- September (Tentative)
- Starting date of fellowship: Mid-October onwards
For further details, click here.