Applications are solicited from Indian Nationals working in overseas research institutions for the “Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship”, a re-entry scheme of the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
The scheme has been conceptualized with the aim of attracting highly skilled researchers (Indian Nationals) working overseas in various cutting edge disciplines of Life Sciences/ Biotechnology/ Bio-engineering/ Health Care, Agriculture/ Veterinary Sciences, and all other allied areas by providing them an attractive avenue to pursue their R&D interests in Indian institutions.
The fellowship is now being managed by Regional Center for Biotechnology under its HRD Project and Management Unit (HRD-PMU).
- The scheme provides a consolidated monthly remuneration of Rs. 1,00,000/- p.m.
- In addition, a House Rent Allowance of Rs. 18,500/- p.m. (consolidated) is given to fellows.
- In case the host institute provides accommodation to the fellow, no House Rent Allowance is admissible.
- The fellowship is taxable as per Govt. of India rules.
- Fellows will receive a research/contingency grant of Rs.10.00 lakhs for the 1st & 2nd year; Rs.7.50 lakhs for the 3rd & 4th year; Rs. 5.00 lakhs for 5th year for the purchase of consumables, minor equipment, international and domestic travel, engaging manpower and other contingent expenditure to be incurred for the implementation of research proposal which is a part of the fellowship and Institutional overhead at Rs. 50,000/ year.
- The applicant should possess a Ph.D./ M.D. or equivalent degree with an outstanding track record as reflected in publications and other recognitions and with at least three years of postdoctoral research experience of which the last two years should be from an overseas laboratory.
- Those who have already returned to India within one year of the closing date of this notification (i.e. October 30, 2020) are also eligible.
- Researchers up to 45 years of age as determined on the closing date of application are eligible to apply.
The fellow can draw fellowship for a term of five years. Fellowship is further extendable for another two years on a fresh appraisal. Only fellowship & HRA will be admissible during extension period. No research/ contingency grant will be provided during the extension period. Those who are able to secure permanent positions will not be considered for 2nd term.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
Applications may be duly forwarded by the competent authority, to The Executive Director, Regional Center of Biotechnology, NCR Biotech Science Cluster, 3rd Milestone, Faridabad-Gurugram Expressway, Faridabad – 121001, Haryana (NCR Delhi), India, both as one hard copy as well as Soft copy (as a single PDF file only).
Soft copy to be mandatorily mailed at Email: email@example.com latest by 31st October 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.