Rally for Rivers Art, Writing & Video Contest for School Students; Prizes Worth More Than 10 Lakhs: Various Deadlines
India’s rivers are undergoing a drastic change. Due to the pressures of population and development, our perennial rivers are becoming seasonal. Many of the smaller rivers have already vanished. Flood as well as drought are becoming increasingly frequent as rivers turn unruly during the monsoon, and vanish once the rainy season is over.
Rally for Rivers is a nationwide awareness campaign to revive our rivers. Conceived by Sadhguru, the campaign has been taken up by every section of society across the nation. But this campaign can be a success only if youth lead from the front.
Topic: Saving Rivers: India’s Lifelines
Creative Art Contest:
Get your whole school together – students, teachers and staff – and create a collaborative mega-art project that tells us about saving India’s rivers.
Last Date for Submission: Oct 2, 2017
- Grand Prize for National Winner: Cash prize of INR 4 lakh
- National Runner-up: Cash prize of INR 2 lakh
- Outstanding projects will be displayed at the Rally for River city events and on Nickelodeon.
- The weekly best artwork gets a cash prize of INR 10,000.
Creative Writing Contest:
In 40 words, tell the nation about the importance of our rivers and the urgent need to do all we can to save them.
Last Date for Submission: Sep 27, 2017
- Camlin Mechanical Pencil for each Class winner.
- State-level winners will each receive prizes worth INR 3,000.
- National winners will each receive prizes worth INR 25,000.
- State winners get an opportunity to attend a Creative Writing Workshop with an eminent author at Isha Yoga Center.
Online Video Contest:
Shoot a documentary OR compose a music video OR surprise us with something else!
Last Date for Submission: Sep 10, 2017
- First Prize: INR 3,00,000
- Second Prize: INR 1,00,000
- Third Prize: INR 50,000
- Weekly Prize: INR 10,000
- The First Prize Winner will get an opportunity to produce a film using the prize money under the guidance of one of the eminent panelist directors. The top 10 entries will be showcased by INOX Cinemas Network. National Geographic Channel (NGC) will also promote the top entries on their digital properties.
About the Author
The author is a final year law student from Calcutta who takes her subject seriously and passionately. Spends most of her time online, with dozens of browser tabs open at a time. Is a bookworm, pop-culture geek, and a foodie. Willing to work for pizza.