Rajya Sabha Fellowship 2020 for Scholars [Grant of Rs 8L]: Applications Open
Rajya Sabha (Govt of India) invites applications from Scholars for Rajya Sabha Fellowship 2020. The Fellowship scheme focuses on various aspects of functioning of parliamentary institutions and the issues and challenges facing these institutions. There shall be four Fellowships.
- The Fellowship is open to scholars who have relevant educational qualification/experience for undertaking the study in line with the objective of the Scheme. Former Members of Parliament/ State Legislatures and former officers of Parliament/State Legislature Secretariats are also eligible to apply.
- An applicant for the Fellowship should be between 25-65 years of age at the time of application (to be relaxed by RAC in case of deserving applicants)
- An applicant should have minimum Master’s degree in social science, law and other related disciplines relevant to the subject of study. Preference will be given to those who possess higher qualifications of M.Phil. and Ph.D.
- The Fellows are required to submit a six-monthly status report about the assigned research work to the RAC for its consideration.
- The Fellows will make a presentation to the Committee once in a year for an interactive review of the progress of work. The Fellows will be required to take into account the inputs and suggestions made by the RAC during the periodic review of work.
- The Fellows are required to submit a research report to RAC at the end of the tenure. The RAC will consider the draft report submitted by the Fellows for acceptance/further direction.
The Fellowships will be for a period of 18 months (extendable upto six months) from the date of award of Fellowship.
- The total amount of research grant for each Fellowship will be Rs.8 lakh for entire duration. The schedule of the release of the funds will be as follows: (a) 20% of the amount payable at the time of the selection; (b) 30% of the amount after the submission of the first draft report; (c) 30% of the amount after the submission of the final draft report. The final draft shall be submitted not later than two months before the end of the tenure; and (d) the remaining amount shall be paid after approval of report by the Chairman, Rajya Sabha.
- Besides, there shall be a contingency grant of Rs.50,000 for the entire duration.
- The release of Research Grant will be subject to the recommendations of the RAC.
- The entire cost of the research project shall have to be met by the Fellows out of the Research Grant mentioned above.
For application and more details, click here.
About the Author