About the Fellowship:
The Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) is a doctoral level programme of RGIIM Shillong. The Programme is meant for scholars with curiosity in knowledge related to management studies. The FPM at IIM Shillong is planned to be globally recognized and would be a premier source of rigorous, and interdisciplinary research in all areas of management.
The programme is committed to training individuals who will excel in their respective area as educators and produce high-quality research through the publication of quality work of international standard.
Candidates should have:
- A Masters’ degree or its equivalent in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks for General Candidates, 55% (Engineering students) or 50% (non-engineering students) aggregate marks for SC/ST Candidates or equivalent grade point average.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 60% marks for General Candidates. 55% (Engineering students) or 50% (non-engineering students) aggregate marks for SC/ST Candidates or equivalent grade point average.
- Secondary and Higher Secondary Examination with minimum 60% aggregate marks for General Candidates. 50% aggregate marks for SC/ST Candidates.
- Any professional qualifications such as CA, ICWA/ICAI and CS with a minimum 55% aggregate marks.
The above qualification should be from any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956; or, recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
Candidates selected for the Fellowship Programme are given a financial support which covers their research requirements and modest living.
- All students admitted to the programme are given fellowship and contingency allowance up to four years.
- Students are provided with a fellowship amount of Rupees 20,000 per month during the 1st year; Rupees 25,000 per month for 2nd & 3rd Year and Rupees. 30,000 per month in the 4th year, subject to the clearance of Comprehensive Examination and submission of the thesis proposal.
- Students are required to be in attendance on a full-time basis and devote all their time to course-work and research and are also required to provide teaching and research assistance.
- Other financial support made available to students includes:
- Startup grant (in year 1) of Rs.50,000 to meet expenses on purchasing hardware, software, etc.
- Contingency grant (annual, in years 2-5) of Rs.50,000 to meet expenses on purchasing hardware, software, Data Collection, Books etc.
- Hostel room charge waiver.
- National Conference grants of up to Rs.20,000 each towards accepted papers for two conferences in a year (prior approval needed).
- International Conference grants of up to Rs.1,50,000 each towards a first accepted paper, and up to Rs.75,000 each for subsequent conferences (prior approval needed).
- Those who are exempted from first-year coursework and are admitted directly in the second year of the programme would be eligible to get fellowship amount only for three years.
Phone: 0364-230 8039
For further details, please visit the link given here