NIT Surathkal invites applications from eligible candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellow and Research Assistant at the Institute for various funded projects.
1. Research Assistant (01)
Applications are invited from eligible Indian nationals for the post of Research Assistant position in a time-bound ICSSR sponsored project undertaken in the School of Management of the Institute. The appointment will be purely temporary for a period maximum up to 31 October 2020 or till the end of the project, whichever is earlier subject to satisfactory performance.
Assessing the Impact of Climate Change on Agriculture and Exploring the Role of Technology in Adaptation.
- Ph.D./M.Phil./Post graduate in a social science discipline with a minimum of 55% marks.
- Proficiency in conducting field surveys and computer literacy.
Up to October 31, 2020, or till the end of the project, whichever is earlier subject to satisfactory performance.
Rs. 20,000 per month.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are invited to send a detailed CV in the prescribed format along with scanned copies of relevant certificates, grade/mark sheets, publications, etc. to Dr. Rajesh Acharya H (email@example.com) on or before the last date.
The shortlisted candidates will be informed by E-mail/Phone. Selection will be based on qualifications, experience, and interview. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview. NITK Surathkal reserves the right to reject any or all the applications without assigning any reasons thereof.
Phone Number: 7259394898
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Junior Research Fellow (01)
Applications are invited from the interested candidates for the post of JRF to work on the R&D project titled “ Development of Automatic Land Cover Change Detection and Analysis System from High-Resolution Remote Sensing Images” supported by ISRO RESPOND scheme.
The selected candidate will be appointed initially for one year (on contract) and the services will be extended for next year based on the performance review.
- BE/B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Electronics Engineering/Information Technology/ Information Science Engineering/ Computer Science and Engineering and M.Tech./ MS(R)/ M.E./ equivalent in Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Communication Engg/ Computer Science and Engineering with expertise in Image Processing, Machine, and Deep learning, and Python Coding.
- Candidates must have at least 6.5/10 CGPA or 60 percent marks in aggregate from a recognized technical institute or university as a full-time program.
- The applicant must be GATE/UGC-NET qualified. A good GATE/UGC-NET score will be an added advantage.
- Those who are appearing for M. Tech/ME last semester may also apply. Proof of M. Tech/ME certificate has to be provided during the time of the interview.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates must apply with the following documents: Cover letter; Filled Application Form; Bio-data with a passport-sized photograph, Scanned copies of educational certificates and mark sheets, class XII onwards GATE/UGC-NET score-card and Scanned copies of Proof for research experience, special achievements and, publications.
- The soft copies of all the above documents in a single pdf format must be emailed to the Principal Investigator (Dr. Shyam Lal) on or before 15th April 2020 at email@example.com.
- The shortlisted candidates with the date of written test/interview will be intimated by email only.
Phone Number: 0824-2473522
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Junior Research Fellow (01)
Applications are invited for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a research and development project.
Predictive Assessment of Postural Risk and Biomechanical Analysis of Musculoskeletal Disorder (MSD) Related Problems of Dump Truck Operators in Indian Open Cast Metal Mines.
- B.E/ B.Tech in Mining Engg./Mechanical Engg./ Civil Engg. and related Branches with a minimum of 60% aggregate score (6.5/10 CGPA) and M.Tech/ M.E in Engineering, with a minimum of 60% aggregate score (6.5/10 CGPA). Applicant preferably is GATE qualified.
- A good GATE score will be an added advantage.
- Those who are appearing for M.Tech/ M.E last semester may also apply. Proof of M.Tech/certificate has to be provided during the time of the interview.
- The candidate is entitled to register for Ph.D. at NITK, Surathkal, if found suitable.
- 1st and 2nd year: Rs 31,000/month + 16% HRA
- 3rd year: Rs 35,000/month + 16% HRA
How to Apply?
Interested candidates must apply with the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Bio-data with a passport-size photograph,
- Scanned copies of educational certificates and mark sheets.
- GATE qualified certificate (Preferable).
- Scanned copies of proof for research experience, special achievements, and publications, if any.
The soft copies of all the above documents (pdf format) must be e-mailed to the Principal Investigator (Dr. B. M. Kunar) by 10th April 2020. The email address for correspondence is email@example.com.