Quora is hosting the Quora Programming Challenge 2022, a free programming competition open to participants from around the world.
About Quora Programming Challenge 2022
The competition will take place on Saturday, February 5th, 2022 14:00 – 18:00 UTC. This is the second iteration of the programming challenge. They had a successful challenge last year with great participation and positive feedback for the problems, so they are excited to do it again this year.
They are looking for strong engineers to join their small but exceptionally talented team. To give you a taste of the kind of work that they do their, their team has crafted some algorithm problems that draw inspiration from real-world challenges that their engineers have faced in building and growing their product.
Who can participate?
- Participants must be individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years of age, or the age of majority in your place of residence, whichever is older at the time of entry.
- If a Participant is an employee of a corporation or academic institution, enrolled as a student or representing their employer or academic institution in this Contest, it is their sole responsibility to review, understand and abide by their employer’s or academic institution’s policies regarding eligibility to participate in the Contest.
- If a Participant is found to be in violation of their school’s or employer’s policies, they will be disqualified from entering the Contest and being awarded or retaining Contest Prizes. Quora disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between a student or employee and their school or employer related to this Contest.
- Current and former employees, officers, contractors and agents of Quora, its subsidiaries and affiliates, together with members of their immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and those living in their same households, or Quora and independent contractors supporting the Contest, are ineligible to enter and participate in the Contest or be awarded or retain any Contest Prize.
- Residents of Quebec, Tasmania, Balkans, Burma, Cuba, Liberia, Iran, Syria, and North Korea and any country included on the OFAC list are ineligible to participate. The Contest is void in these countries and where prohibited or restricted by law. Quora reserves the right to limit, or restrict upon notice, participation in the Contest to any person at any time for any reason.
The top contestants in each division will be eligible to win the following prizes:
- 1st place: $3000
- 2nd place: $2000
- 3rd place: $1000
- 4th – 10th: $200
- 11th – 20th: $100
- Top 100 finishers: Quora Programming Challenge 2022 T-Shirt
Their recruiting team will also be reaching out to top participants to assess their interest in a role at Quora.
- After you register, we will send you the login information for the challenge platform before the challenge date. The deadline to register is February 3, 2022 16:00 (UTC + 00:00).
- The challenge will take place on February 5, 2022 from 14:00 to 18:00 (UTC + 00:00).
- The challenge will feature 8 problems; each problem is scored out of 100.
- Ties in score will be resolved by considering the timestamp of the final valid submission (one that increases the user’s final score) of each participant.
- This is an individual competition. Please refrain from discussing solutions with anyone else during the challenge.
- Any case of code plagiarism will result in disqualification of all users involved from the challenge.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the competition through this link.
Feb 3, 2022