A Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship is a unique opportunity to study for a two-year Master’s degree in low or middle-income country of the Commonwealth. Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
- Awards are fully funded, providing tuition fees, a return economy flight, an arrival allowance, and a regular stipend (living allowance).
- Awards are for Master’s degrees and are not applicable to distance learning courses.
- Awards are open to citizens of all Commonwealth countries, other than the host country.
- Award holders will build deeper and stronger links across the Commonwealth network, acting as ambassadors between home and host countries.
- Applicants must be a citizen or granted refugee status by a Commonwealth country other than the country hosting the award.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelors degree of at least upper second level.
The following subject areas are available/eligible for this award:
- Arts & Humanities
- Medicine, health & life sciences
- Physical sciences, engineering & mathematics
- Social sciences
How to Apply
Identify which university you want to apply for from the list of universities here. Click on the university application link, make a profile and fill out the online form be sure to keep a record of your login details.
Phone: +44 (0)20 7380 6700