Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Quality Engineering Internship Opportunity at Red Hat, Pune.
About Red Hat
Red Hat, Inc. is an American IBM subsidiary software company that provides open source software products to enterprises. Founded in 1993, Red Hat has its corporate headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina, with other offices worldwide.
About the Internship
Quality engineers at Red Hat are intrigued by how things work and constantly look for ways to make them better. They are not just testers; they are also developers who design, automate, and find creative ways to solve potential problems.
The Red Hat Business Automation Quality Engineering (QE) team is looking for a Quality Engineering Intern to join us in Pune, India. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a difference in the way enterprise applications are built, tested and be responsible for offerings that are used by thousands of people around the world.
You’ll have a great opportunity to gain a deep understanding of a variety of popular technologies including middleware, cloud, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), Red Hat Process Automation Manager, Red Hat Decision Manager, workflow systems, business rules, and complex event processing.
You’ll work with an energetic, smart, and motivated team and learn the most modern technologies, becoming an early adopter. Your success will be recognized and appreciated and over time you will get to see how your work helps accelerate the company’s growth. You will own the role and drive your workload.
What you will do
- Design, develop, maintain, and automate tests and tools with a focus on functional and performance aspects of Red Hat Process Automation Manager and Red Hat Decision Manager and related community projects
- Be a member of an upstream communities of Drools, jBPM, OptaPlanner, and Kogito
- Work with more senior team members on a daily basis
- Continuously help to improve processes, automation, and test coverage
- Document new bugs
- Work on code change, UX design, and documentation reviews
- Learn about the products and tools that help raise product quality
What you will bring
- Basic knowledge of Java SE (e.g., understanding of the concepts of the language and language model, experience writing small Java applications)
- Basic knowledge of Linux (OS installation, package management, settings management)
- Good communication skills in English; ability to read and write technical documentation
The following are considered a plus:
- Knowledge of Apache Maven and Git
- Knowledge of JUnit or Selenium
- Experience with Drools or business rules in general
- Experience with jBPM or business processes in general
- Experience with OptaPlanner or constraints problem solving in general
- Experience with continuous integration (CI)
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the internship through this link.
Click here to view the official notification for the Quality Engineering Internship Opportunity at Red Hat, Pune.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: