Applications are invited for the QIP Course on Smart Grid Technology to be held at IIT Kanpur during May 9-13. Apply by March 31.
About the Course:
An important goal of Smart Grid Technology (SGT) is to leverage modern Information and Communication Technology (ICT) infrastructure to help monitor and control the power systems more effectively. With the increase in penetration of SGT in power systems, there has been a growing demand for real-time visualization, monitoring, and control of the power system.
The main objective of this course is to familiarize the participants from academic institutions, utilities, industries, and R&D organizations about different concepts and developments in Smart Grid Technology. Experience gained through some of the smart grid pilot projects will also be shared.
- Introduction to Smart Grid.
- Smart Grid Architecture and Building Blocks.
- Smart Grid Measurements.
- ICT in Smart Grid.
- Smart Grid Protocols.
- Renewable Integration.
- Microgrids (AC & DC).
- Energy Storage and Demand Response.
- EMS and DMS tools.
- Smart Analytics.
- Peak Load Management and Demand Response.
- Cyber Security in Smart Grid.
- Regulatory Issues in Smart Grid.
- Smart Grid R & D Pilot at IIT Kanpur
- Maximum thirty participants teaching in AICTE approved engineering colleges will be selected on all India basis to attend the course at IIT Kanpur.
- Applicants should be engaged in teaching Electrical/Electronics/Computer Science courses.
- Selected candidates will be paid AC 3-tier class railway fare by the shortest route and a daily allowances, if any, as per QIP norms.
- Accommodation will be arranged in the Visitors’ hostel (on sharing basis) or one of the students’ hostels at IIT Kanpur.
Industry and R&D Organisations
- Participants from utilities and other organizations will also be allowed to attend the course.
- Boarding and lodging will be provided on a twin sharing basis.
- However, participants will bear travel expenses.
- QIP Candidates: Rs. 1000 (Cheque).
- Candidates not selected in QIP: Rs. 23,600 (Including GST of 18%).
- Candidate from Industry & R&D Organisations: Rs. 29,500 (Including GST of 18%).
- Last date of receiving the application: March 31, 2019.
- Notification about selection: April 10, 2019.
- Confirmation from participants: April 20, 2019.
Click here to register.
Dr. Ankush Sharma
Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, KANPUR- 208016.